• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

refund issued but adobe refunded a cancelled card adobe refuse to fix their mistake

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am after any assistance in trying to get adobe to retify their mistake where they credited a refund to my old cancelled credit card. This card was no longer attached to my account a new one had been added and billed, I had made it clear at the start that this card did not exist and was assured that it wasn't a problem and that the new one would be credited. This has been going on for 2 months and adobe keeps telling me its my problem and to contact the bank, however I do not have any account or dealings with this bank since last August 2020 when the card was cancelled, he refund was issued this May 2021. Has any one else had this happen and was it retified at all, thanks Sandra

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what does your bank say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I no longer have any accounts or cards with them, since August 2020. So as it's not my bank not helpful other than there policy is that a cancelled card older than 6 months any refunds to it are returned. So Adobe should have the money back, which Adobe say they don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wait about 1 month from the refund date and check again with both adobe and your bank to see if one of them has the money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally, refunds are credited to the very same card that got debited.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but Adobe knew the card was cancelled before issuing the refund and asked for the new card which they assured me would be credited. The old card was no longer attached to my account with Adobe, and I asked several times before the refund and was told there would be no problem crediting the new card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sandrab62444547,

Even if your account is cancelled, the bank must send you any over payments, usually in the form of a check.  And a refund is essentially an over payment.  So contact your bank.  And please don't tell us you can't because the card is listed on your credit report for approx. 7-10 years.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the bank returns the refund, his account will have no credit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience with US banks is that they don't reject refunds/overpayments.  They prefer to accept the monies and hold them in an escrow account from which they pay the card holder directly after the final audit is completed.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great. i'm sure the op will be happy to hear he doesn't know what the bank said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but what’s a credit report?

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in Australia so sorry but it is different here and as I said it's not my bank anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI, in Australia, it's often called a Credit Rating.

https://moneysmart.gov.au/managing-debt/credit-scores-and-credit-reports

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines