• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Security concern [LOCKED]

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the help desk phone number, my call was taken my a random ware scam.  My iMac is now corrupted with viruses and they keep contacting me to resume the issue!  Beware!

Adobe is not answering my concerns/ a serious security breach.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

"...now the virus remains in my printer."

Printers are hardware. They can't get viruses.  I mean this with utmost respect & concern for your well being.  Please seek expert help from a mental health professional. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

The number you have called is the Customer support number for Adobe.

I can 99.999999999% guaranty Adobe did not infect your Mac with Malware. I suggest you follow the suggestion above.

Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What number did you call, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

800.833.6687the same number on all of their help documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does using a telephone infect a computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was through screen sharing where I gave permission to help me by accessing my computer. I do it with Apple support, but these were hackers that somehow answered the help support phone number.

i have made reports to the FBI and FTC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you contacted by someone pretending to be an Adobe rep who reached out to you by Skype?  Real Adobe reps never use Skype.  Which phone number did you call? 

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There didn't call me, I called the help number  800.834.6687 and thought it could be trusted. It wasn't Skype but screen sharing. See above comments.  They have corrupted my computer 3 times through malware.  Apple Support has restored it each time, though now the virus remains in my printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...now the virus remains in my printer."

Printers are hardware. They can't get viruses.  I mean this with utmost respect & concern for your well being.  Please seek expert help from a mental health professional. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, you cannot say that you mean such a thoughtless comment with the "greatest respect". I may not be very comptutet literate, but I am far from stupid.  I have found several items that were changed internally to "share" the printer and since have connected it through WiFi.  I continue to get phone calls  from "Unknown" numbers representing themselves as Adobe support.  I have the name of the security head and will send a snail mail letter.  
Your perspective is very disrespectful. I am a big proponent of Apple and their security system and availability not this BS forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The number you have called is the Customer support number for Adobe.

I can 99.999999999% guaranty Adobe did not infect your Mac with Malware. I suggest you follow the suggestion above.

Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You completely missed my post's message.  The call was intercepted by East Indian people posing as support. My mistake was allowing access to my computer.  Now the question for security is how did they breach the phone number given through the "virtual assistance " texting?  Or was that service illegitimate too?  I'm asking questions. Adobe is inaccessible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe customer support is located in India.  That's common knowledge.   However, your remarks are totally irrational.  I hope you can discuss this calmly with a trusted friend or family member who can get you the help you need.   

Goodbye and best of luck to you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines