• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shady cancellation policy

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that you won't allow me to cancel my autorenewal is a really shady tactic on your part. I only want to use Acrobat reader from one month. Now I have to set up a reminder so that you don't automatically charge me when the one month is up. I should be able to cancel the autorenewal, period. These types of actions where you purposely make it inconvenient to cancel subscriptions is very disappointing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the use of Acrobat Reader you don't need a subscription. Acrobat Reader is free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat reader DC....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader DC is still free, it just has DC added to the name. Whatever you have, if you're paying, it must be something else. It's well worth checking the plan name shown in your account, because it's hard to cancel if you don't know what it is. But you are correct, you cannot cancel autorenewal, if you do have a subscription. I don't say this is a good thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Acrobat Pro DC and I paid $25 for 1 month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a subscription on the month, you can cancel anytime and the product will be usable until the end of the subscription month. So basically this is what you want to do.

But, as mentioned, Acrobat Reader DC is free, so that can't be your product.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong. That is what I intended to do. It said that if I cancelled, it would issue a refund for the days I hadn't used, but that I would lose access to the program itself immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong. That is what I intended to do. It said that if I cancelled, it would issue a refund for the days I hadn't used, but that I would lose access to the program itself immediately.

By @MariaEmme

By the data provided here, you have a subscription that you cancelled/want to cancel during the first 14 days of your subscription. You will get a refund and therefore the subscription ends immediately. This is effectively the situation, where the plans end immediately.

Abambo_1-1656838825982.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Acrobat Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MariaEmme_0-1656802832694.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MOVED TO THE ACCOUNT, PAYMENT, & PLAN DISCUSSIONS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines