• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sign out of one device to activate this device, but the device is the one that is already activated

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to open Premiere and it comes up with an errorto sign out of ine of the devices below to continue.

It states "This Device Not Activated" but one of the activated devices is the one it says is not activated.

I've looked through posts and some say it may be due to a component change (I have changed the graphics card). I'm just concerned that if I sign out of the activated device nad try to activate the same device it will not allow it, hqas anyone had this experience?

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

check your account for activated devices by going to your account, https://accounts.adobe.com

> click plans and payment > activated devices.

sign out from them all if you have any problem.

kglad_0-1640704341828.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Once everything is deactivated and your activation count is reset to zero, you can activate or reactivate any device. No need to rename anything.

In any case, simply renaming a device does not fool the activation server. Device identification goes far deeper than that.

You can activate and reactivate the same device as many times as you wish. You just can't exceed the cap of two simultaneous activations.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your account for activated devices by going to your account, https://accounts.adobe.com

> click plans and payment > activated devices.

sign out from them all if you have any problem.

kglad_0-1640704341828.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks KGlad, I am just concerned that if I sign the activated device out that Adobe won't let me activate the same device back again.

But if that's the case I could rename the computer and then it would accept as a new device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once everything is deactivated and your activation count is reset to zero, you can activate or reactivate any device. No need to rename anything.

In any case, simply renaming a device does not fool the activation server. Device identification goes far deeper than that.

You can activate and reactivate the same device as many times as you wish. You just can't exceed the cap of two simultaneous activations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John & kglad for replying, I deactivated the device and Adobe automatically activated the new (same) device, Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've not seen anyone report that problem, but if you encountered it using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines