• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Student account but I am being billed for a non student account

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am a student and i am signed into my student email but i am being charged for the full priced plan and when i try and cancel it it says that I have to pay for the remaining year 'early cancellation' fee. I am a student and really can't afford this. They have been charging me for ages without me realising and it has now risin to 24 pounds a month. I am workin on my free account at the moment and paying for one too but they are both from the student email. 

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum, not Adobe support. Users, including the Community Experts, can't provide support for account, subscription, billing, download, or product activation issues. Support for those issues requires an Adobe employee.

Adobe provides support through the Chat function on the contact page or through a phone call. There is no email support.

CHAT: Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

You must be signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work. Disable any ad, pop-up, or script blockers.

This is the link to the US website. If you are not in the US, the site should redirect to the page appropriate to the region associated with your ID.

Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session.
LinSims_0-1628856392489.jpeg
If that doesn't work, try this link, which opens a chat window directly:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

PHONE: You can also search this page for a regionally appropriate phone number for customer support.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

24 pounds a month (for all apps) is less than half the normal price. It's the normal student price; the first year as a student gives an extra discount. The cancellation fee is one half of the current year's commitment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly, 24 pounds a month is not a discounted price for a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Interestingly, 24 pounds a month is not a discounted price for a month."

Today Creative Cloud (All Apps, annual pay monthly) is shown in the UK at Â£51.98 per month.

So 24 pounds is more than 50% discount.

Of course, the UK can expect prices to jump hugely since Adobe are a US company who work in dollars, but this hasn't happened yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Test Screen Name, that price is in line with the currency value as of today (so, no huge jump unless the pound continues to lose value).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, no. The US price today is US$54.99/mo. Today's exchange rate is 1.08, which converts to £50.92. Unfortunately, it doesn't stop there. In the UK prices must be quoted including taxes of 20%. So today's conversion of a US$54.99 (ex tax) is UK£61.10 (inc tax). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Test Screen Name, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines