Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a student account but Adobe started charging me full price

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Account, Payment, & Plan forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

If you've had your subscription for more than a year, the first year discount has expired. You're probably still being charged the student rate but it's the full student rate instead of the discounted one. That or you need to reverify that you're still a student.

In either case, this is a public forum, not Adobe support. Users, including the ACPs and MVPs, can't provide support for account, subscription, billing, download, or product activation issues. Support for those issues requires an Adobe employee.

Adobe provides support through the Chat function on the contact page or through a phone call. There is no email support.

CHAT: Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

You must be signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work. Disable any ad, pop-up, or script blockers.

This is the link to the US website. If you are not in the US, the site should redirect to the page appropriate to the region associated with your ID.

Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session.

LinSims_0-1628856392489.jpeg

If that doesn't work, try this link, which opens a chat window directly:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

PHONE: You can also search this page for a regionally appropriate phone number for customer support.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicolas,

These help pages may also be of assistance to you:

Renewal of student discount: Verify your education status to continue with the discounted plan

Adobe Education FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The student price is USD $19.99/mo for the first year only.   After that it goes up to $29.99/month.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this? I feel that it is not clear when signing up for the subscription that the student price increases after one year. Do I have the opportunity to get a discount again? I don´t whant to continue my subscription if I am not able to get a discount. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you get that special discount on the normal price only in your first year.

TestScreenName_0-1631261297692.png

I'm not sure which part of this isn't clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only that, but $29.99 is a discount from the regular subscription price, which is $52.99 per month.

It's just a 40% discount instead of a 60%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be that the student price for Creative Cloud was always a 40% discount, or $29.99/month. The regular price was $49.99/month.

Then, in 2015, Adobe dropped the price of the first year of the Student/Teacher Edition even further, to 60% off, or $19.99/month. Originally this was a limited-time offer, but then they made it available for all new education customers.

So there's still an academic discount – and always has been – it's just a matter of how much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • Thank you I now understand. I didn't realise that at the time of subscription. Now I've renewed my plan and am stuck with it for anothe year, that's it. I guess it's my bad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines