• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subscribe to Photography plan now, switch to full CC in a few months?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, quick question from a newbie:

I'd like to subscribe to the Photography plan now (Photoshop + Lightroom) and stick with that for a few months, and then upgrade to the full Creative Cloud in a few months time.

Since the Photography plan has a 1-year commitment, will I be able to actually do this? Will I be able to switch from an ongoing 1-year Photography plan into the full CC 1-year plan without any extra costs or "parallel" subscriptions?

Or will I have to stay subscribed to the Photography plan for the full 1-year period before I can switch plans, or before I can switch without paying some penalty fee?

Many thanks in advance for any helpful answers!

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Yes you can do that. When you switch plans your current plan will be cancelled and applicable refund will be issued and the new plan will be activated with the new charge. See the following link for more details, it explains the exact same scenario that you are thinking about

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/change-plan.html

For more details please contact support.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can do that. When you switch plans your current plan will be cancelled and applicable refund will be issued and the new plan will be activated with the new charge. See the following link for more details, it explains the exact same scenario that you are thinking about

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/change-plan.html

For more details please contact support.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the fast and helpful reply!

FYI: I was on the page you linked to already, but it only mentions that switching is possible and how to switch. Although it is implied by the screenshot showing the "annual plan, paid monthly" version of the Photography plan, the page does currently not explicitly mention that it's possible to upgrade e.g. in the middle of an ongoing 1-year commitment plan, at least in no way that I could find or (reliably) conclude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would a refund be issued if you are not changing the plan in the middle of the subscription. Since the screenshot and the last portion of the article does talk about refund it does mean that the change is being made midway in the current plan. However, as I mentioned it's best to contact support and be absolutely sure about it.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know too much.

You assume too much.

I don't know anything about Adobe subscriptions so far.

I don't want to assume things and then find out later that my assumptions were incorrect.

The page needs to be explicit. Just implying important aspects by screenshots is not sufficient, especially to e.g. people with impaired sight whose screen readers may not detect or correctly read the image content. (I can see, but I know Adobe users who can't.)

There are not only monthly plans with 1-year obligation, but also monthly plans with no obligation. So by your logic, someone who's in a 1-month plan and after two weeks decides to go full CC - they're not entitled to refunds? And someone who's already pre-paid for a full year, they also won't get a refund when they switch to the full CC subscription? Since, you know, the screenshot only mentions the Photography plan with 1-year obligation, so the information on that page can not be appropriate for non 1-year obligation plans, right?

Please don't assume that everyone knows as much as Adobe employees or ambassadors or long-time users know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, you will receive a refund on the unused months of your photography plan's annual payment.  the refund is contingent on you upgrading to the all apps annual plan.

ie, if you just cancel a photography plan, without upgrading, you can expect an early termination penalty (= 1/2 the unused months payment). but if you "change" plans (again, see Learn how to change your Adobe plan or subscription. for exactly how to "change"), you will not be subject to that early termination penalty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @rchbln,

I agree I might be assuming things, but it's not a wild guess but an informed one with logical deductions as you would agree. However, as I have been saying all along that I and fellow members are sharing the information that we know of as correct and have know to be correct to the best of our knowledge from spending time on these forums. To be absolutely sure for specific use case, the best way is to have a chat with the support team and clear out any doubts you may have.

Regarding the documentation provided by Adobe in the form of help articles, there are surely many things that could be improved upon. We do provide our feedback on the same and teams within Adobe do update the docs every now and then.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines