• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subscription fixed amount or monthly amount?

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just puzzled about the policy of Adobe. I am interested to purchase Adobe Photoshop elements 2021. On the Adobe website, payment mentiones only a monthly subscription. However, in the Apple App Store, there is a fixed amount to pay. What is the difference between the two versions of Adobe Photoshop? Why is Adobe not offering a fixed price on their website, is it just to make more money?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, photoshop is not the same as photoshop elements.  google the differences; here's one result, https://www.capefearnetworks.com/adobe-photoshop-elements-vs-adobe-photoshop-creative-cloud-which-is...

photoshop and most adobe programs are subscription (monthly or yearly) only.  photoshop elements and several others can be purchased for a one-time fee like most non-adobe software.

adobe offers photoshop elements (and all their other programs) on adobe's website.  for the one-time purchase programs including photoshop elements: https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog.html?types=pf_252Fdesktop&promoid=ZFN4FMKB&mv=other&filters=d...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I know that Photoshop is not the same as adobe photoshop elements. When I checked your link, it is now clear to me that one can buy photoshop elements 2020 as one-time purchase, but photoshop elements 2021 is now subscription only. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see that info in the linked page. Adobe web pages can vary by country, and for me in UK, Elements 2021 has no mention. What do you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changin region to US, I see Elements 2021 for $99 here: https://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html?promoid=V2XYKZ3B&mv=other

but you are not the first to say it is now a subscription product, so please share what you see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just looked https://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html

The page says the 2021 version is US $99.99 to buy... nothing at all about a subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

in usa:

Screenshot - 11_17_2020 , 7_15_46 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines