• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subscription renewal price

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Next month is my CC subscription renewal (Anual plan paid monthly). I've been paying it with a discount. Acording to the Manage Plan page, in my next payment I will loosing this discount. Is there any way to keep this discounted price?

I`ve been trying to get phone support but, it's been imposible get an answer. And I need to know. If I lose the discount, i will probably have to cancel my subscription before.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Normally discounts are a one year only special price. But it may be worth to contact Adobe customer support. Adobe customer care can be contacted here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html - click the small callout at the lower right of the screen and type "agent".

There is no trick/click system to get some special price for renewals I'm aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally discounts are a one year only special price. But it may be worth to contact Adobe customer support. Adobe customer care can be contacted here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html - click the small callout at the lower right of the screen and type "agent".

There is no trick/click system to get some special price for renewals I'm aware of.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be even worse... My renewal is quoted for being higher than the price of a new subscription without a discount. 

They want £70.80 a month per user on renewal. 

Customer services were no help - And I said "Should I just cancel my subscription and take out a new one?" 

Instead of answering the question, they just transferred me to the renewal team. 

I wasn't even asking for a discount - I was just wanting to pay the price that's on the website - Why would I pay any more for renewing? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jules,

The regular (highest possible) price for the Creative Cloud All Apps for Individuals, with an Annual plan, is £49.94/month.

So it sounds like that quote is for a Monthly plan instead... Those cost ~50% more for going month-to-month rather than signing on for a full year.

This post describes the differences:

Creative Cloud Annual vs. Monthly Plan: Which Should You Choose?

So depending on your needs and usage, an Annual plan may work out better.

(Have never heard of someone paying higher than the prices quoted on the website, for equivalent plans.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah - Businesses pay more for their licenses than individuals... 

Annoyingly lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's for a business – meaning it's a Creative Cloud for Teams plan?

If it costs more, that's because there are additonal features and advantages of the Teams plan for companies over the Individuals plan.

But even then, the price for All Apps for Teams is £59.00/month, with only Annual plans offered.

So, there must be something else going on regarding your quote. Again, you would not be charged a higher price than what's on the website.

Is it possible you also have an Adobe Stock plan that's bundled in with your Teams subscription? That could explain the higher rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked Adobe in the chat - And they said that it is the standard price for renewing users. 

Talk about a joke. 

But yes - The Adobe Teams thing did have it's advantages - but no advantage that will cost me more money for nothing over just getting a new subscription.

Like I say - it appears the £59 a month is for new customers only, what a great way to ensure no one renews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it appears the £59 a month is for new customers only, what a great way to ensure no one renews.

The £59/month is for all U.K. customers for Creative Cloud for Teams, with no extras like Stock or added storage. There is no difference for new customers vs. renewing with that standard rate.

If the Customer Care rep told you otherwise, then unfortunately that is incorrect. Try again with a different rep or ask to speak to a supervisor.

Regarding the Black Friday offers for either Teams or Individuals, keep in mind they are for new subscribers only...

In other words, those indeed are promotional prices, which run for the first year only. After that point, the regular pricing for either type of plan will be in effect. So make sure to compare apples to apples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well - Now it get's even more ridiculous. 

The black friday deal means that the price for an individual is 2/3rds the price of a business account. 

So I'm going to cancel the Team plan, and get a bunch of individual accounts now. 

£30 per month vs £85 ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

£30 per month vs £85 ? 

As noted above, the BF discounts also include both the Teams plan at £42.14/month (down from the £59.00 regular price) and the Individuals plan at £30.34/month (down from the £49.94 regular price), both for the first year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately what you assert vs new and renewing customers is wrong. 

I've now asked three different people. 

All have said that £70.80 / month / user is my renewing price. 

There is no stock selection etc. 

Also - £42.14 is ex VAT. £30 is inc VAT. 

I've wasted hours and hours on this renewal stupidity now (let alone the free 60 day CC trial that they gave to all users causing all manner of chaos). 

We're cancelling the Team membership, and we're getting a bunch of black Friday individual offers - it'd be stupid to leave that much money begging on the bottom line. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also - £42.14 is ex VAT. £30 is inc VAT. 

By @Jules Wilko

As an American, @ProDesignTools may not be aware how in Europe sales taxes are handled: Offers to consumers need to include the sales tax (called VAT here). This is to avoid unfair competition, where one business shows prices with and a second without taxes. Offers to professionals mostly omit sales taxes, as sales taxes are neutral for professionals.

We're cancelling the Team membership, and we're getting a bunch of black Friday individual offers - it'd be stupid to leave that much money begging on the bottom line. 

By @Jules Wilko

You are free to do as you wish, but there are quite some drawbacks with individual licences in a team context. However, looking only at the price, you are 100% right.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's correct – the Teams plans are quoted before any applicable VAT/taxes, worldwide... By contrast, Individual plans are quoted inclusive of VAT/GST in most of the world, but not in the U.S., where state sales taxes are added afterwards  – which frequently leads to some confusion when comparing the Individuals prices.

But again, if you look at Adobe's official subscription terms, the current Teams renewal rate (2nd year and beyond) is clear at £59.00/mo (£708.00/yr) for the All Apps plan.

https://www.adobe.com/uk/offer-terms/cct-teams-offer.html

There is no explanation for any rate other than what is quoted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines