• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Teaching Discount

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told that I am not eligible for the Black Friday Teacher CC special pricing of $15.99 because I am not employed with a "primary" or "secondary" school. As a Teaching Artist of 5 years for two non-profits, I find that extremely discriminatory against those of us who work educating our students in media and performing arts. Especially as we use Adobe software to do so. I work for two non profits as a TA where I teach children how to record, write, mix and master. I would expect a company that I've been with for more than 4 years to have standards that aren't harmful to those of us who use our gifts to help amplify the talents and curiosities of our students and communities. 

I've used Adobe products since a freshman in college, and 2 years post Bachelor, using CC in not only my professional career but as a tool for my students. I would hope that Adobe can move in a direct that does not invalidate the work non-profit arts orgs and it's educators do. Especially, since many of us still work IN primary and secondary education institutions, even if we aren't employed by them directly. Teaching Artists are Teachers. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe does provide discounts for non-profits. See here: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/non-profit.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines