• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text messages- stating password has been changed

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I been receiving text messages from 1-479-315-2290 saying my password has been changed, and told me to contact support. Is a scam?

I didn't update my passwords just in case. 

Please let me know, if any can verify if this is legititmate or a scam.

Thank you,

Deana

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You obviously logged in without issues, so yes, it is most likely a scam. The telGuarder site reports it as a scammer number. 

As long as you don't tap a link in the text message, you should be okay. I'd block the number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received the same text. There wasn't a link in the text, but there were links in the follow up emails. So whomever is trying to hack into my account has my email, my phone number, and knows that I have an Adobe account.  They've already got a lot of information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and knows that I have an Adobe account.

By @DomCrap

Not necessarily.

They may be getting the emails from someplace that sold a bunch of emails or had them compromised.  They likely have been sending text messages to random phone numbers.  Some of those emails and phone numbers just happen to belong to people with Adobe accounts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, not necessarily. This is like the "from your bank <X> login now to check your balance" messages. If you send out millions, some will hit the target. I've seen people who have found their Adobe account hacked, and the account changed to a much more expensive one, which is perhaps re-sold to hapless victims tempted by "Cheap Adobe". Login to a borrowed computer or phone and change your Adobe password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed my account to require 2 factor authentication and the text message I received from Adobe came from the same phone number.

In other words, the text message I recevied from Adobe that was a scam, and the text message I recevied from Adobe that was real, are both in the same thread on my phone.  

Can people spoof the phone number from a text message? If not, something weird is going on, and Adobe has possibly been hacked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Can people spoof the phone number from a text message? " Absolutely. They just type in whatever number makes their spam look plausible, and help it get past any phone blocks. Just as they can use any sending email address.

I saw a post recently from someone who found their Adobe account had been changed - and that they were paying for a whole lot of extra stuff for a business account. My guess is that this is what happens if you "sign in" to one of these phishing messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't believe what you see on screen.  When in doubt, remain skeptical. 

Call or use secure online chat to reach a genuine Adobe Support agent.

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I received text saying adobe password was reset. If this wasn't you, contact support. And it's from 5 digit number that always sends me verification codes 

what should I do ?

i don't remember that I have an account on adobe or anything like that what is the deal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm inclined to believe this may be legit.
I received a text from the same number, confirming an account email change I recently made.

In general, I don't think scammers tend to continually send out text messages from the same number for an extended period of time.

But as always, err on the side of caution.
Legit or not, I have no plans to send a txt back to that number or click anything in the messages.

Would be nice if we could get an official response regarding the authenticity of this phone number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

January 4, 2022
Scam / Robocall
They stole my credit card info by faking that they were Adobe

from here:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On 8/21/2022, I received the same text message from 479-315-2290. Says, "Your Adobe password was reset. If this wasn't you, contact support."

NO LINK

I knew it was SPAM b/c it came from an actual phone number, instead of a 5-digit number.

Be vigilant people!!! I did not reset my password either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

received the same, it's a russian hack, (479) 315-2290

Дополнительный адрес для учетной записи Adobe теперь

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines