• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Threatened by Adobe

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would rather talk to a customer support representative, but I keep getting directed here, so here you go:

Allison Babcock (ababcock@adobe.com) is harassing me for "498,500.00 USD" that she says I owe Adobe. She has provided invoice and purchse numbers as well as dates. She is contacting me through an account I don't even use. She has contacted me three times in the past three weeks. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nearly half a million dollars? What are you supposed to have spent that on?

Customer service by the way don't send you here because there is some kind of special service. We are Adobe customers like you (or as Adobe believe you are).

If, however, you have been provided with invoices for what you supposedly spent I suspect you need to get legal advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to contact Adobe - Adobe, 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110-2704 USA Tel: 408-536-6000 Fax: 408-537-6000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would rather talk to a customer support representative

================

@defaultoimjcjglew02,

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

She is contacting me through an account I don't even use.

===============

What does that mean?  ...an account you don't use.

• Is this person calling you on the phone and leaving voice mail messages? 
  • Are you receiving physical mail to your postal mailbox?  Mail fraud is a serious offense.

File a complaint with local authorities.

If you're receiving junk texts/e-mails, block them.  It's a phishing scheme, albeit a brazen one, from an impostor pretending to be Adobe.   Report bogus emails to phishing@adobe.com

Scam Alert: Phishing email claiming to be something it's not.

https://www.mailguard.com.au/blog/scam-alert-phishing-email-claims-to-share-a-secured-document-using...

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately. Real Adobe employees will never reach out via Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail or Skype.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to contact Adobe about this phishing scheme:

Contact phishing@adobe.com.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/security/alertus.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have forwarded all e-mails to phishing@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that ababcock@adobe.com is a genuine email and is mentioned on the internet in a number of filings for bankrupcy. (In other words, legal action WAS taken for unsatisfied debts). I am not a lawyer but this does not seem like phishing, and you should take it VERY SERIOUSLY. This sounds like the normal pursuit of a real debt. If you did not have anything to do with the debt, then you may be the victim of identity theft (from someone else who ran up huge debts in your name, for which YOU MAY BE LEGALLY LIABLE.) I repeat: you need legal advice, not posting in a random forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect it to be a scam with a spoofed email.

Adobe wouldn't be sending emails for that kind of debt.  Adobe legal would be sending certified letters with legal documents, perhaps even serving papers to the party involved..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @Peru Bob . I doubt that given the amount, simple e-mails will do. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, 

We're sorry for the confusion the emails have caused. Our team has been informed the same and they will get back to you. 

Thanks 

Kanika sehgal 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines