• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer member subscription to family member?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi... My husband used to use Photoshop alot, has a subscription, but after battling leukemia (and surviving) he now has such diminished sight that he can no longer use Photoshop. I use a different computer and have a different account with Adobe. I don't have a Phtoshop sub but need to find out how to take over his. How does one do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

I had posted a similar message in May, but at that time was told that my version of the OS, Catalina, would not run Photoshop, at all, or not fully. So, I stopped asking, limping along on the old computer. On THAT thread, I just saw another response telling me how to reach an actual person, followed the prompts he directed, and was able to cancel my husband's account and get the use in my name, since I'm the only one now who can use it. Thanks for your reply. I think they were able to see that h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Account, Payment, & Plan forum,  from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, the terms & conditions of Adobe's plans do not allow any transfer. You can contact Adobe and see if they will make an exception, but I fear I am not hopeful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had posted a similar message in May, but at that time was told that my version of the OS, Catalina, would not run Photoshop, at all, or not fully. So, I stopped asking, limping along on the old computer. On THAT thread, I just saw another response telling me how to reach an actual person, followed the prompts he directed, and was able to cancel my husband's account and get the use in my name, since I'm the only one now who can use it. Thanks for your reply. I think they were able to see that his subscription has not been used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent news (under the circumstances), thanks for letting us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to be clear for others seeking similar solutions: The path to success is via Adobe customer care. Adobe customer care can be contacted by beginning a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction.

(see also here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 or here
https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11843852)

And let me say that you have humans on the other side, after overcoming the initial bot. And they have leverage to cancel a subscription if there is a cause to do so.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines