• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Truly disappointed I can't cancel

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got my subscription to Adobe last summer and the $20/month fit fine in my budget. 

Things changed, and I've been paycheck to paycheck since November. Unexpected medical bills drained my bank account. I lost work as a result of my injuries.

I decided to cut back responsibly to pay the bills. I cancelled my Hulu, switched to a different cell service, cancelled YouTube Premium. No issues with any of those. Hulu offered options to delay a month, or cancel all together. YouTube Premium never pressured me to continue. Cell plan switch was simple.

Then I got to Adobe and was presented with the $200+ cancellation fee. I almost wanted to cry at the time. Here I was, trying to be responsible and Adobe just wanted to dogpile on the bills. I let them pocket their $20 every month since then, sad that I couldn't use that money towards my real needs. 

I can't afford to pay the $20 this month. It will overdraft my bank account tomorrow. So I really don't have $89 upfront to cancel. 

It's not common for other monthly subscription companies to charge $100-250 upon cancelling, so it's not common practice for consumers to expect or even look for this. It's truly dissapointed me and made me lose a lot of respect for this company. A bitter taste will be left in my mouth once this last pay cycle completes.

If you don't make the terms clear, you will end up exploiting people, whether that's an intentional business practice or not. I can't reasonably consent to what's not clearly explained. I recommend anyone seeking a free trial steer clear from Adobe. 

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @WellItIsWhatItIs,

I am sorry to hear what you went through. If you had posted earlier I would have recommended you to talk to the support team, they might have had waived your cancellation fees, that was something worth giving a try. In fact do talk to them even now maybe atleast you save on the last installement.

To contact support, login to your account and navigate to the URL below, wait a bit a chat popup will open up. Make sure that the browser has cookies enabled, and all script blockers are disabled.
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Type AGENT to avoid bots and talk to a human.
Also, be mindful of answering anyone who sends you a private message. See the following for more information about scammers
https://tinyurl.com/y7cfrr7y

I hope you get out of this situation real soon. Best wishes

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adobe's point-of-view (i think) is that they offer a discounted subscription rate IF you agree to a one year commitment.  the penalty (=1/2 the remaining subscription) comes into play with early termination that one year commitment.

and, i think, that's pretty reasonable.  but i also think it should be much clearer that there is a penalty for early cancellation and not require careful reading of the subscription agreement's fine print.

anyway, for you @WellItIsWhatItIs, contact adobe support per @Manan Joshi and ask if anything can be done (other then give your a few months free in exchange for another one year commitment under the same cancellation terms).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines