Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to move Elements 14 to new computer - Account Temporarily Disabled

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to move my Photoshop Elements 14 program to a new computer. I logged-out/deactivated the registration on the old system and when I try to reinstall on the new computer I get an error that "For security reasons your access was temporarily disabled."

I have a valid Adobe ID account and can log in just fine. I see the product listed on my account in the website but I cannot install/register on my new computer.

Yes.. I know it's an older version but it should work. I tried chat and they said that support was only through the forum. I'd appreciate any guidance. Getting a comment to buy the new version from chat support was not appreciated or helpful.

Thanks for any guidance!

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system do you have?

I can't lie to you.  PSE 14 is ancient software built for Win 7 with service pack 1. It's neither supported nor updated anymore.  It can't be expected to run much less install on the latest operating systems for which it was never intended.

So unless you have an old OS that's compatible with old software, this might be an exercise in futility.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the comments and suggestions. After I posted I did have a Chat with a different agent. I do appreciate that he didn't try to just pass it off as "unsupported" and attempted to work through options.

Long story short... While discussing options I thought that perhaps it had to do with the 2FA setup and the installer wasn't processing it correctly when entering the Adobe ID. I first turned it off on the website then retried the install. It's odd but now the installer did prompt me for a code received to my email (even though the Adobe ID website shows 2FA is turned off). Installation proceeded without any further problem.

I'll likely upgrade to the newest version, I just wanted to get what I have working on my new computer first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it all sorted. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines