Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to update primary email without any success

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to change/update the primary email address for my account. Currently it is a Hotmail email. Some time ago I mistakenly signed in via Google and hence it created another account for me. I have since deactivated the account associated to the email address I want to use which is GMAIL. However, upon contacting Support they told me I cannot use my one and only email account because it is "In Use" even though it clearly is not and has been deactivated.

They are telling me that due to Data Protection Laws my only option is to create a new Email. This seems ridiculous. Help!

Julie

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you think other users in a public forum can do... you are going to have to do what support said, since only support has access to your account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I was merely trying to see if others had encountered a similar issue and how they were able to address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your posting your query here.

Since we do not have access to your account information as we are part of Forums and not Adobe Support staff, some information about your Adobe Subscrtiption would help.

I would like to inform you that if you own a Creative Cloud for Teams Subscription, than you may ask your Team Contract Owner to remove the license and re-assign the license on your active email address so that you can use the products. And if you have an Individual Subscription, than the only option is to Cancel the existing Subscription and place a new Order by using your active email address. 

Hope this helps.

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! If I cancel my existing order will I lose what I have set up in Lightroom Catalogie wise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you cancel your Annual Lightroom plan before your 12th month of service, you will incur a 50% early termination fee for your remaining months of service.  I don't think you want to do that, do you?

Once you delete an account, it cannot be reactivated ever again.  That's the law. Resistance is futile.

Go to GMAIL and create a 2nd or 3rd email account as needed. It costs you nothing. 

Be sure to write down your emails and passwords and keep them in a safe place.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines