• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two different accounts on one computer, but it looks like something is wrong

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I subscribed After Effects on my Mac with my account and also subscribed Illustrator on the Mac with my sister's account a few days ago. But once I installed Illustrator on her account, my account says I have 3 days remaining of, maybe, free trial of Illustrator on my account, and I uninstalled it on my account and it was gone. However, when I switched to her account and re-install Illustrator, my account still says the same thing. I assume if I leave this settings, I would probably pay extra cost on both accounts. What do I do?

Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 16.50.43.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This all sounds normal. 

1. CC apps are installed for everyone (so if you uninstall it, then your sister can't use it either)

2. Any CC app that is installed, but the current user has no license, shows up as a trial.

I know where you're coming from with the concern about a charge, but if you don't use it, you won't get charged, if it shows up this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know that it's normal. I don't want to be charged on both acounts for each application. Thank you for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to log-out of your sister's account and log-in to your account to access your After Effects plan.

1. Open CC Desktop App.
2. Click your Avatar (top right image) > Preferences > General tab > Settings. Select "Always keep Creative Cloud up to date."
3. Click on your Avatar again.
4. Sign-out of Creative Cloud.
5. Close all apps.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Open CC Desktop app.
8. Click your Avatar.
9. Sign-in with your paid ID and password.

10.  When you're done using After Effects, log-out of your Creative Cloud account.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's how we might want to switch between different accounts. I was worried that they charge me on both mine and hers if I'm on trial even after the remaining days. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be aware that Adobe licenses its products on a per user basis, not a per computer basis.

Legally, you can't use your sister's account for Illustrator and she can't use yours for After Effects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I'll keep a low key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines