• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

two-step authentication procedure

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could lose my telephone and don't always have it with me.  So I'd like to use email for two-step authentification. 

Is it possible to leave my phone out of the equation?  The only way I see to get codes via email involves installing apps on my phone (which I don't want to rely on).

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, using email would NOT be 2fa.  it would be 1fa: hacking your email would be all that's required to take over every password/account that could be reset using your email.

think about that for a while.  if you have any financial accounts that do NOT have 2fa they (and your email security) are probably much bigger concerns than you adobe account.  ie, make sure every important account controllable by email has 2fa tied to your mobile.

in fact, for everyone that has financial accounts managed online, 2fa is the sufficient reason to purchase a mobile and mobile plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do use two-factor for all my financial accounts. (I also use a password generator and unique passwords).  But I notice that those verifying text messages meant for my phone, also come into the laptop that I'm logging in with.  So while "two factor" they are not truly "two device."   Thanks, I guess I'll stick with the phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines