Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to change email primary address

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to change my Primary email address to a gmail.com address I have. When attempting this a sentence appears saying my gmail address is already in use. I checked wether I had accidently started another Adobe account using the gmail address and discovered I had! I deleted this account then straight away returned to my usual account page to change the unwanted email addresss to the gmail address, (which had been used for the now deleted account). Unfortunately, I am still not allowed to use the gmail address, again being told the address is already in use. I was able to include the gmail address as a Secondary address, however this has not assisted my attempts to make it my Primary address.

The email address I want ot remove is for a business I have now closed and my ownership of the business domain stops at the beginning of December. 

Grateful for advice, thanks.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

yes, you should be able to change your stock using email address (that relies on your domain) to your new gmail address using the info given above (and again here, https://helpx.adobe.com/in/manage-account/using/create-update-adobe-id.html).  you have to do this before you lose control of your original (domain using) email address in december.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Hello,

Thought I should update this thread. Despite all your good advice, I'm sorry to say I did nothing till today.  As it is now two and a half months since I attempted to change my primary email address, I decided (without much optimism) I try again to have Abode accept my gmail address as my primary account email address. And guess what - Adobe accepted it! It seems time does make a differnce, why, I'm not sure but I am glad the problem is solved. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't reuse an address that is in use by another account or for an account that's been deleted. You can try talking to Customer Support, but I suspect that if you want to change your account to using a gmail address, you'll need to create a new gmail address.

Adobe provides support through the Chat function on the contact page or through a phone call. There is no email support.

CHAT: Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

You must be signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work. Disable any ad, pop-up, or script blockers.

This is the link to the US website. If you are not in the US, the site should redirect to the page appropriate to the region associated with your ID.

Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session.
LinSims_0-1628856392489.jpeg

If that doesn't work, try this link, which opens a chat window directly:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

PHONE: You can also search this page for a regionally appropriate phone number for customer support.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LinSims,

Thanks for you reply. I have checked the Adobe support available to me. It seems, now that I only have an Adobe Stock account, the only support I have access to are the Community Forums. Not sure what to do. I don't want to close down my account as I sell illustrations in Stock and I may upgrade my membership in the future. A couple of questions:

1) By making my gmail address a Secondary email address, will  my account still be able to function once my Primary address is no longer in use/discontinued?

2) Would generating a new gmail email address, to use for the Adobe account, be the best way forward?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) it's not clear (to me) what you mean.  but see 2).

2) yes, create a new gmail address and use that for new adobe subscriptions. you're bound to encounter significant problems if you try to shoehorn your cancelled adobe account (that used an old email address) into a new adobe account.  (you can automatically forward gmails and make your life easier, Automatically forward Gmail messages to another account - Gmail Help (google.com))

p.s. prior to cancelling your previous account you should have changed that gmail address (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/manage-account/using/create-update-adobe-id.html) to something else.  you could have then re-used your current gmail address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad,

Thanks, I'll get a new email address for Adobe and see if my usualand now only account (which has my old domain address) will accept the new email address as a Primary address. I don't want to delete this account, I'm concerned I will loose my Stock illustrations. Is it possible to transfer contents from one account to another?

Re. your PS, I see what you mean and changing the email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm concerned I will loose my Stock illustrations. Is it possible to transfer contents from one account to another?

By @Gem24

Please go to Adobe Customer Service (make sure to sign in to your Adobe account first and allow popups on your browser):
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen will automatically open the chat window.
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person.

You may also be able to contact Adobe by phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peru Bob,

As I only have an Adobe Stock account and understand that this only entitles you to Community Forum support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, you should be able to change your stock using email address (that relies on your domain) to your new gmail address using the info given above (and again here, https://helpx.adobe.com/in/manage-account/using/create-update-adobe-id.html).  you have to do this before you lose control of your original (domain using) email address in december.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad,

I will look into what support I can get for my issue. Using all the advice that's been given here, I'm sure I should be able to sort out this problem. Many thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome and good luck.  let us know how this works out for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Thought I should update this thread. Despite all your good advice, I'm sorry to say I did nothing till today.  As it is now two and a half months since I attempted to change my primary email address, I decided (without much optimism) I try again to have Abode accept my gmail address as my primary account email address. And guess what - Adobe accepted it! It seems time does make a differnce, why, I'm not sure but I am glad the problem is solved. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines