• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to create new account with same email address as deleted previous account

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I thought the deletion of an account would be complete, i.e. that my email address would be available again for the creation of a new account, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Who (and how) can I contact to have the job made properly so I can create a new account with my main email address? I don't pay a plan and Adobe puts a lot of effort in not being available for free users like me.

Marion

PS the reason I had to delete my account was that it was attached to a crashed previous laptop and could not be used on my new current laptop.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way things are currently and based on numerous experiences shared by people on the forum I don't think reusing email ID is possibe at all. You can ask on Twitter to be sure @AdobeCare

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Still, it's not a clever policy from Adobe to forbid reusing email ID if on the other hand they don't allow changing the laptop the account is attached to. Technically, that means that each time I change laptop I will have to create a new account. Where's the sense in that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur, however, I am just a user like yourself. It's upto the policy makers in Adobe to think about it, maybe they have some technical contraints that we don't know off that is holding this up or it's just not a priority item at the moment, we can only speculate about it.

@Marion23261759zqgd wrote:

they don't allow changing the laptop the account is attached to. 

Could you elaborate on this. As far as I know you can very well change your computers and sign in with your Adobe ID to start using your subscription, there is no restriction on changing computers that I know of or have experienced. See the following

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-apps-number-of-computers.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Manan, I did know you were a user, I was just saying. I think I have read somewhere that they don't suppress all information when they suppress the account, and they keep minimal data on the creation  and suppression of the account, which would explain why my email address is still in their database. In France there is law that allows any user to request the suppression of all data, but I'm not sure where my data is stored, in France or the US, and Adobe doesn't give their physical address where I'm supposed to write, so I'm going to have to file a complaint for that, it is definitely illegal in France.

As to changing computers, it looks really fine in theory, but IRL I got an error message, I haven't screenshot it so I can't tell you what it said other than the account was attached to another laptop, but I would definitely not be where I am if Adobe had allowed to change laptop in the first place. Something went wrong at some point. I'll let you know if I find my way into this maze...

Best,

Marion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've changed laptops any number of times and never had to create a new account. You do have to remember to deactivate the Adobe applications on the old computer first. If the computer crashes and you can't, a call to customer care will usually take care of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't pay a plan

By @Marion23261759zqgd

I assume you mean that you are using a product that has a serial number and not a subscription.

they don't allow changing the laptop the account is attached to.

...As to changing computers, it looks really fine in theory, but IRL I got an error message

By @Marion23261759zqgd

If the message was that you could not activate because it was already activated on another computer, then you can contact Adobe Customer Service and only ask to have your activations reset (make sure to sign in to your Adobe account first and allow popups on your browser):
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen will automatically open the chat window.
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person.

You may also be able to contact Adobe by phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob for your input.

I was only using Adobe Digital Editions and more recently, I used the Sign function just once.

You may be right on the activation issue, I really don't remember what the error message was precisely about. Meanwhile I have deleted my account, so it may make things worse in that respect. In any case, thanks for the phone numbers, because I only got the chatbot once, and it didn't open multiple following times, I don't know why, one more thing I can ask Adobe Customer Service.

Best

Marion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines