• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted Subscription Cancellation - a scam???

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few days ago I received a warning that my subscription was about to end. I checked my account and all was looking good, credit card was valid and it indicated an yearly renewal automatically done on September 24th. Today my subscription was cancelled, and I also received an email with a survey asking how easy it was to cancel it (!!!!).

I contacted the customer service via chat and I had the most incredible conversation: basically they told me that 1) my account is now a basic one 2) my subscription was cancelled because I did not pay, when my credit card is perfectly valid, and is automatically charged every month since years...3) if I wanted, they would have immediately proceed to charge the very same credit card for a new subscription, at more than double cost, for the same package.

This looks like a scam, I have no words to describe my disappointment. I also have screenshots showing my position of subscribed Adobe customer on the same day when they tell me that I'm Mr. nobody...and what a shame to hear that I did not pay when it is Adobe regularly charging my card since years...like if payment was done manually...after checking I noticed they didn't charge the last monthly rate...but this is their issue, not mine, because card is valid...

I wonder if I am the only one...it would be nice if Adobe could provide an explanation to this...if they wanted to increase their prices, they might have sent a proper information, and not cut the wires in this awful way...

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add screenshots...showing that 1) I exist as a subscriber, 2) they ask me to update payment details to reactivate my existing plan...9A5A1686-7466-4BAC-8590-B0F542F657EB.jpegC66D7001-6FF2-4AD0-98A7-0C16610CADA9.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This shouldn't be too difficult to understand.  Your credit card on file expired.  Since you didn't update payment details as requested by the cutoff date, your paid plan was cancelled for lack of payment.  Simple as that.  There's nothing more to say. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Nancy, but, as duly explained in my email, my credit card did not expire, to the point that the person I chatted to asked me if I agreed to charge on the same card a new subscription. I have a screenshot (from before  my subscription was deactivated) showing my credit card details...and you can see that it is the same working credit card that I might give you now for the payment. This morning I received an email asking to update the credit card, I logged in and confirmed the same credit card, ...and nothing happened...FYI I just paid my lunch with that Credit Card...

So...maybe this is an IT issue that you may address and solve, or...you tell me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go back to chat and ask for a supervisor.

We are not Adobe employees here, so we can't help with this issue.

Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines