• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We Can't Verify Your Subscription Status - whilst in remote offline location

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was recently on a ten day shoot for a household name tv company.

It was a remote location with no wifi / internet / phone signal. Sat phone only.

On the first day, I set some files processing overnight. Unfortunately, the generator stopped during the night and my laptop battery ran down to zero. Upon restarting my machine the system date had gone back to 1970. I reset the clock and loaded after effects. I was then met with the menu:

'We Can't Verify You're Subscription Status'

Unable to validate online the only way to use the software was to click 'try again' every 5 seconds. 

Why is there no key, no serial, no activation code to overcome this issue?

I was left looking incompetent in the end having to use the producer's laptop to get basic work completed.

{Mod Note: Moving from the Creative Cloud Services board to Accounts}

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.  you can make a suggestion to adobe here, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but in my experience Adobe staff often look at the forum. I wish the same could be said for the 'make a suggestion' page....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome, but i think you should also post to that wishform:  there really should be a contingency for emergencies like you had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not asking for a casual response from Adobe staff who happen to see it, but a major and fundametnal change of the way CC is designed to work. Would be a good change if there were some emergency way to activate (but there's not going to be something like a password or unlock code; the whole point of the process is that it checks you are still paying). When you post, please come back and give us the URL. Others who agree with you can then add their votes. Adobe seems to judge importance by votes, perhaps lacking the user perpective to see what is important for themselves... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As previously I filled in the form and submitted it only to be sent back to the adobe home page with no confirmation anything had been received or any reference number. Thanks, adobe for taking this seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines