• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why does Adobe refuse refunds? one more poor student getting strong-armed

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed Adobe for my last year of law school, and didn't foresee using it after that. But a one-year subscription has become a financial burden after my account was automatically renewed today. Customer service refuses to refund me, even though it has been less than 24 hours since I was billed.

Odder still, my credit card info was changed in the past two months after I was a victim of identity theft--why was Adobe able to bill me when I didn't update my card info with them?

I thought of Adobe was a trustworthy company that made its name by offering good software. Now I feel otherwise. Please do the right thing and refund my CC, it might convince me to come back when I need your services again.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum.  We can't address account issues. I am not an Adobe employee, although on occasion an Adobe employee will appear here.

I can say that if you read the agreement that you signed, it provides for Adobe to access another account if the original charge card account is changed and your financial institution cooperates with Adobe.

Please go to Adobe Customer Service (make sure to sign in to your Adobe account first and allow popups on your browser):
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen will automatically open the chat window.
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person.

You may also be able to contact Adobe by phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the reply.

the point re Adobe accessing a new account with the cooperation of my financial institution is alarming though. I am so turned off by what I've learned about Adobe's business practices today, they've lost a customer for life--just a user-to-user thought there Bob.

for the record, there is precedence to the idea that if a term of the contract is particularly onerous, the party looking to enforce that term must prove the other party was aware of the term through either their reading of the specific term or through direct notification of the specific term (Tilden Rent-a-Car v Clendenning, 18 OR (2d) 601). I'd say a means of surreptitiously gaining access to my credit account is a pretty onerous term, what would I know though I'm just a student 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that Adobe's lawyers have vetted their contract terms. Try talking to customer service and see what they can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you signed up for the subscription, you had to click a little box that said you had read and agreed to the terms. That's all Adobe needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hail corporate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said Adobe had to be able to prove you had read the terms of the agreement to be able to enforce it.

You had to agree that you had read the terms in order to get the subscription in the first place.

By your own definition, you have given Adobe the proof you said they need. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, it is standard practice for card issuers to accept existing payment contracts for a card that is cancelled for another reason. They do this for your benefit - you can't assume every payment will be stopped or use it to stop payment. Adobe don't necessarily even know - they just are able to keep using the permission you set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are no refunds beyond the 14 day introductory membership term.  After that, fees are deducted from your account monthly or annually until you cancel.  That is what you agreed to.  Your expiration date is available 24/7 by logging-in to your online account.

https://account.adobe.com/plans

You may cancel early and pay a 50% early termination fee or avoid fees and wait until your 12th month of service to cancel.  Your choice.

How do I Cancel my Subscription?
https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html
===============
Subscription & Cancellation Terms:
https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines