• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accidentally canceled before time

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was looking to pay for years subscription outright, instead of monthly payments this time. In order to do that, I was looking to cancel the automatic renenwal here on the 30th. In my enternal wisdom(stupidity) I managed to switch plans to a cheaper monthly renewal instead, when I just wanted to look at the details, I of course cancelled right away, as I am not looking to have monthly payments anymore.

Now my problem is that it cancelled out my previous subscription, that would have lasted me till the 30th instead of just today. Because I am no longer a paying member, my support options are very limited, and I am unsure of how to proceed from here.

I would very much like to have those 12 remaining days back, so I can just buy the yearly subcription outright as I had planned originally

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

You don't get a 2nd bite from the same apple.  Once it's cancelled, it's gone forever. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

@Just Shot me: if you cancel the last month the subscription continues until the last day of that month. anything other would be contractually not viable as the user paid for that month.

@josephine: I do not know what options are available to you now, but the cancelation is definitive. Only option I can imagine is to contact Adobe customer support. Adobe customer care can be contacted here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html - click the small callout at the lower right of the screen and type

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is stopping you from doing that now?

IIRC if you cancel in the last month of the subscription you do not get charged the early termination fee. But yes you lose the remaining days.

Not sure what plan you had or what plan you plan on signing up for but the only plan that is a lower cost is going from the All Apps plan to the Photography plan. Other lower cost plans are for First Time subscribers and not for renewing customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I was looking through the cancellations options, they had a retaintment offer that gave a yearly subcription(paid over 12 months) for cheaper than the usual rate. I clicked on it, to see if I could pay it all up at once, which I couldn't. I then tried to click out of it again, but accidentally bought it instead. I cancelled immediatedly, but it had overridden my old already paid up plan, so I have lost access to photoshop atm. 

While I could pay now for a years subscription, it would be a headache in terms of my budget, and I also have already paid for those 12 days. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state the Exact plan you had. The Full Apps plan or the Photography plan that includes just Photoshop and Lightroom Classic?

You have lost those 12 days.

Also how did you end up buying something by trying to Click Out of that page? Try the Back button on your browser or just Closing your browser next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Just Shot me: if you cancel the last month the subscription continues until the last day of that month. anything other would be contractually not viable as the user paid for that month.

@josephine: I do not know what options are available to you now, but the cancelation is definitive. Only option I can imagine is to contact Adobe customer support. Adobe customer care can be contacted here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html - click the small callout at the lower right of the screen and type "agent".

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But they are not charged an early cancellation fee.

Whatever. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't get a 2nd bite from the same apple.  Once it's cancelled, it's gone forever. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines