• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add a student license to my existing CC account, is it possible?

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I would like to purchase a student license for my niece who is at scool. I already have my own full CC license and account, so if possible I would like to just add this new student license to my account. Naturally, my niece would not able to set up her own account with payment plan as she doesn't have a credit card etc…

So I'm wondering whether I can I add a student license to my existing accout and how that would work when it comes to adding apps via the CC app in the menu bar? When I click the CC app in the menu bar, I can access all my account details, but naturally I wouldn't want that on my niece's Mac.

I would be grateful if someone could advise me on how this would work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there can only be one "All Apps" license per account or Adobe ID (email address).

Since you said you already have a full Creative Cloud license under your existing account, your niece would need her own account – in other words, to just use her own email address for the Student subscription... This would also be necessary in order to prove student eligibility with Adobe.

You should still be able to pay for it with your credit card, if you like. If you have any issues with that, then post back or contact Customer Care directly.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I see… The thing that I feel a bit unfortable about is that from my own CC app I can access all my account details just from clicking the CC icon on the menu bar without needing to input any passwords, presumably because I'm already logged in to use my Adobe apps. So if for example the account has to be in my neice's name with her email address, she could quite easily mess with the account backend settings by accident (or on purpose, who knows)… So my feeling was that if you want to set up and pay for an Adobe CC account for a child, you might want to have a bit of control over what they can and can't access…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… so just to clarify, it's purely about having some level of control over my niece not being able to access things like payment and plan settings, things that an inquisistive child could easily mess with … Naturally I don't live with my niece, so I can't be there to control that kind of thing, but I would like to provide her with her own CC access…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you can see your own account details because you're logged in with your password. Nobody else can see them without doing that.

Adobe doesn't have adult/child or co-managed accounts for Individual subscriptions, as each Adobe ID is single user.

Note that you don't have to use her email address. You can use any email address you like – even a brand new one – just so long as it's for her, the account is in her name, and you can prove she's a student.

Please see this related Forums thread for more discussion and ideas:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/parental-feedback-on-buying-creative-cloud-for-students-a...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines