• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe charged me for something I did not purchase

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe charged me for something I didn't purchase. I already talked to an Adobe Customer service, and they told me that they didn't have any charges of it under the card info I sent them. So I called my bank to ask about the billing and they said it was from Adobe. I don't know what to do, because Adobe is saying that it's not from them but the bank said it was from Adobe. 

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your Adobe account doesn't show your purchase but your credit card does it's simple: someone has stolen your card details and used it to buy Adobe stuff. Treat it like any other mysterious purchase: contact the card issuer again and tell them someone must have stolen your card number. They will issue a new card and cancel the old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought of that too. But the charge was simultaneous with this month's payment. Weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also when I was talking to customer service, they asked for the first 6 and last 4 digits of my card, along with the amount charged and the date of the transaction, so they should know because the bank said it was from Adobe. But they said that they haven't got any charges under the card info I gave  which is the one I'm using in paying for my Adobe plan. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you DO HAVE an Adobe Subscription plan.

Are you SURE you Spoke to Adobe and not some scammer when you Gave Them your CC number?

If it was me I would Cancel that card ASAP and get a New Number. If you do have an Adobe subscription plan then Log INTO the MAIN Adobe website with the Adobe ID you used to purchase the real plan you have and change the payment method to the new card number (and you will have to do that with any other company you use that card with).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have an Adobe Subscription plan. I talked to someone using the chat support in Adobe. 

Alright, thank you sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Change your password to your Adobe account and to your bank, too. Just to be safe. Make sure you have 2-factor authentication enabled so that they have to send you an email or a text to verify the change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines