• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud in Iceland

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to buy access to Adobe CC in Iceland but I'm running into difficulties. Apparently there is an individual here in Iceland that is a licensed reseller, but he charges a 125% markup fee, and Is a "gold adobe reseller" according to his website. 

And I find that offensive.

On Adobe.com the price is $ 599 per year but the Icelandic reseller is selling Adobe subscriptions for
$ 1,341.25 yearly (see below)

https://hugbunadarsetrid.is/hvad-er-adobe-creative-cloud/

(Translation via Google)

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fhugbunadarsetrid.is%2Fhva...

This individual claims to be a "Gold Reseller", and I'm wondering if Adobe officially condones business practices like these. 

This person is tarnishing the Adobe brand in Iceland and holding the entire creative community in Iceland hostage. 

I know we're a tiny market globally but that does not mean we should get treated unfairly, please help us. 

Sincerely 

Ingi 

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You raise some interesting points. I do not answer as Adobe staff, just opinions of a fellow user.

1. The markup is not 125% but 12%, a little less than you state

(a) in Iceland prices are quoted including VAT, while in the USA prices are never shown with tax (it is added when you buy). This makes the comparison pre-tax price about US$1079 per year.

(b) the product being sold is Creative Cloud For Teams. This is $960 per year. 

The mark up for the same product is therefore 12%, remarkably low.

2. In much of the world it is absolutely illegal for a supplier to try, in any way, to control the selling price of their products (either to a maximum or minimum). So Adobe will not interfere with selling prices, that would be wrong. They might hope for competition, but that would be a private wish.

3. It is certainly a pity that in much of the world the lower priced individual (non business) licenses are not offered by Adobe at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

Kr 182.652 translates to $1,339 and 1339/599 = 2.35 or 235% that translates to 135% more expensive.
 $ 599 plus 20% is $ 719,  and with 24% vat. is $ 891. 

What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I explained already.

1. The product for sale is not the $599 Creative Cloud subscription. It is the $960 Creative Cloud for Teams product, plus tax. 

2. Iceland prices include tax at 24%. So Kr 182,652 with VAT 24% is a price of Kr 147,300 without tax. 

So you need to compare US$960 with Kr 147,300.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, then whati is this?

Screenshot 2020-11-16 at 14.24.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a different product, Creative Cloud individual subscription. The Icelandic reseller is not offering this product at all, so you cannot compare it.

You will notice I said " It is certainly a pity that in much of the world the lower priced individual (non business) licenses are not offered by Adobe at all." But you cannot blame the reseller for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, because "the reseller",( I assume that you represent them in some shape or form), decides not to offer a certain product forcing me to buy the more expensive version he or she is not to blame?

Are you being serious right now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far as I know, and I am happy to learn differently, Adobe does not offer the Creative Cloud for individuals through resellers, so Teams is all they can sell to you. This is a problem in many parts of the world, including all of the world's poorest countries. I don't say this is good, but it is Adobe's business plan, not your reseller, who you seem determined to vilify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know there are ways around "the resellers" monopoly on these products.
And were said reseller determined to address this issue and actually assist his potential clients and not see access to the product as a privilege but as a service then maybe, just maybe one wouldn't have to point out facts that paint a vivid, yet vilifying picture of the individual in question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, you are determined to make your national seller the bad guy, I have no more to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I demand that he assist users in purchasing the product for a fair price.

If shaming him in public gets there then so be it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unlikely your local reseller is reading this. No one here works for them. Most of us don't even work for Adobe, we're just volunteers helping out, and we have no control over how Adobe handles its marketing plans or partnership plans so telling us about it or demanding a change does you no good because there's nothing we can do.

If you want to discuss this issue with them, talk to them directly. Maybe they'll reconsider, but if there isn't a large demand for individual licenses, they probably won't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, there are actually FIVE resellers in Iceland, including the one you listed, but they are all Government/Commercial resellers. I don't know if any of them offer Individual licences or not. Hugbunadarsetrid is unique in that it also offers educational plans, but you have to be an educational institution, a teacher, or a student (and you have to provide PROOF of that) to get an educational plan.

Try the link below. Choose Iceland for the Country and Commercial for the specialization.

https://adobedealreg.secure.force.com/PartnerSearch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, I've been working wth this software in one shape or form for nearly 20 years and the exuberant prices in Iceland give the distinct sense that there is something really wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On top of that, if the only price I can see on the resellers webpage is more the two times that which is posted on the Adobe site, of coures I'm going to call them out on it.

Because behavour like that is offensive.

Btw. After this I was contacted by the reseller in question and offered a years individual licence for
~ $ 1000. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ingi, 

I m looking into options to get the Creative Cloud here in Iceland, and yes we have a big problem with resellers prices, i would appreciate if you tell me if you were satisfied with the service from hugbunadarsetrid, i heard lots of complaints about resellers here in iceland giving  a bad customer service, and all kinds of bugs occuring. Your advice would be helpull.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines