• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Extortion Racket & Crap Support

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe expects their customers to pay for them to make their software compatible with new operating system versions?

This is outright extortion.

I purchased a version of Photoshop in the past and now I'm left with software that won't work and have to pay AGAIN for funtioning software.

Also, the Adobe is support is a joke. Chat reponse time of 1.5 hours!

All I have to say is: <profanity removed>

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn right you should pay for new system support. Anything else has Adobe subsidising Microsoft/Apple’s profits. And I believe that would be wrong. Nobody forced you to upgrade the system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, <profanity removed> - my software no longer works - it it worked properly, I wouldn't ask for an upgrade. All I'm asking for is for the software I purchased to continue to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said you wanted Adobe to change their software to work in new systems. I understand everyone wants something for nothing. And I say it would be wrong for them to do it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I paid hundreds of dollars for the software and now Adobe expects to extort me for more money for what? Because they have costs to make their software compatible with new versions of Windows and Mac? Those costs should be absorbed by Adobe - not the customer. My licesne did not say that it would become unoperational at a given time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system have you upgraded from and to? Catalina?

Which Adobe software and version are you using? Current Cloud versions are compatible with Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using a cloud version. 

I don't pay a subscription.

I purchased my license long before Adobe swithced to their subscription model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK that's fine but tell us more.

Which operating system have you upgraded from and to? Catalina?

Which Adobe software and version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to continue to use an old program, you also need to continue to use an old, compatible operating system

It is not Adobe's fault when Apple and Microsoft issue new operating systems that are not compatible with old programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe didn't create your predicament.  You did when you upgraded your OS without checking compatibility first.  So you want to keep using unsupported Creative Suite software and not pay for upgrades. OK fine. Revert back to your old operating system and never upgrade it again.   Or install a compatible OS on a virtual machine or 2nd computer.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines