Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe false marketing to make money

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I wanted to try on pdf editor and that's how I got to know about adobe pro dc product and took a free trial. Unfortunately I missed out unsubscribing by a day and very next day I tried canceling the plan and it started flashing me free 2 months extension option. Since I wasn't charged until then I thought it is free of cost for another 2 months (kind of courtesy extension like many other products in market). I went ahead and later on got to know T&Cs in between lines.

Actually they charged me for that month for $14.99 and the 2 months extension was with a condition of annual subscription and if I cancel that after 2 months of extension or at any point of time, there is early termination fee of $29.99. 

I don't have concerns on companies making money by introducing different plan options. I do have concern with the way they market and trap people buying into something they are not intending to. 

Adobe is a big company and if they do something like that, it is very disappointing.

I started chatting to customer representative and she was very incompetent and was not giving me straight answer. I simply requested her that It was a mistake in me understanding the plan so asked her to cancel and requested for refund. She was not discussing the refund option at all but kept on telling me that I have 2 months of free extension. 

After peeling the onion for a long time only I got to know, it was not free because i was contracted to pay for whole year after 2 months. 

I kept on telling her the product is not useful for my kind of work hence I do not intend to continue then she gave me an offer of discounted $9.99 per month for annual subscription. How appealing it is 😞 when I am telling her I don't intend to use the product, still I should be paying $119.88 for usage (because I am now in contract you remember!)

After 3 hours of conversation out of my office time, she agreed to cancel the annual subscription without early termination fee (how convinient) but denied with $14.99 reversal.

I have never had such a long conversation with reputed companies on refunds, so many companies don't even ask for the reason of canceling or refunds and in this case I had very strong reason of not using that in future and it was a false marketing that trapped me in.

ADOBE- you are making money by fooling out customers. I may be one small customer but if this keeps on growing, there are many competitor in market who will take over just by having better customer experience because yours is definitely a pathetic one.

Thanks,

Priyanka

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

This forum system is not a direct link to Adobe support.
We are just users like you and can't help with account questions.
You need to contact Adobe directly through the Chat system at the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

Select the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session.
Type in AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI System.

Best of Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum system is not a direct link to Adobe support.
We are just users like you and can't help with account questions.
You need to contact Adobe directly through the Chat system at the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

Select the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session.
Type in AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI System.

Best of Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are serious professionals! You kick us like dogs and keep our work money! I think you use our work to feed your artificial intelligence and dismiss us. Remember that the aliens from War of the Worlds were exterminated with water, plain and simple! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what problem do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They kick us like dogs and steal our work money! Let's unite!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines