• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe is charging me 189% of what I paid for the month just to cancel my plan.

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I owned Adobe Creative Cloud for 1 month and purchased the student version for $16.95. They charged me the initial cost and I used the programs I needed. Now, I'm being told that I need to pay $31.98 just to cancel my plan. According to the subscription terms; "Should you cancel after 14 days, you’ll be charged a lump sum amount of 50% of your remaining contract obligation and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period." If this is accurate, I should only be paying $8.46 for the cancelation fee. Also, I was not notified in any way of any kind of cancelation fee. I can chalk this up to my lack of patience in reading user agreements, but its still something that should be clearly communicated to the customer as an ethical business practice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Pivot5E2E,
Sorry to hear that you are facing trouble. Unfortunately, you won't find the help you need at these forums. These are peer to peer forums, with no one here having access to your account information. You need to contact support.
Login to your account and navigate to the URL below. Make sure that the browser has cookies enabled, and all script blockers are disabled.
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html
Click on the chat icon on the bottom right, and type AGENT to avoid bots and talk to a human.
Also, be mindful of answering anyone who sends you a private message. See the following for more information about scammers
https://tinyurl.com/y7cfrr7y
-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your student plan would be for a year, paid monthly. That is your contact obligation. I can't figure out how your cancellation fee was so very low. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until a couple of weeks ago, Adobe expected you to click the link on the Payment page to read the subscription terms, where it is clearly spelled out that a cancellation fee will be charged if you cancel the subscription before the last month of the subscription. Those terms are always linked to on the page where you enter you payment information. 

Link to subscription termsLink to subscription terms

Now that information is available on the Payment page itself.

new billing page info.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm missing something.  An annual Creative Cloud All Apps plan = 12 months.  Student rate USD $20/month x 12 months = $240

Cancelling before the 12th month and after 14 day grace period incurs a 50% early cancellation fee.  In your case, that would be approx USD $110.

For questions, phone customer service M-F during normal business hours.
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Subscription & Cancellation Terms:
https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The cancellation fee is not "189% of what you paid for the current month" like you stated, but it's "50% of what you would have paid in the remaining months of your current one-year subscription term." If that cancellation fee is really $31.98, then you must have used the subscription for nine months (based on the current pricing of $19.95/month, not $16.95/month like you stated), not one month. The sales tax is included within the cancellation fee.

If you used the program for only one month, then you must have had the subscription active for more than eight months without using the program at all for most of that time. And Adobe charges subscribers the regular charge just to even have a subscription active, even if none of the programs are used at all during that time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines