• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe keeps billing me months after I cancelled the subscription, customer service is dissapointing

Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need your help, 

Around a year ago, I needed to edit few images for my Creative Class elective in my university. I signed up for the free trial at Adobe to do so. After that, one month later, I started to be billed by Adobe (without acknowledging me before, that my trial is ending). I immediately reached out to customer support to cancel the subscription and refund me the money (as I did not used the software EVER AGAIN, after those few images). They did not want to refund or cancel my subscription, even though I kept repeating to them, that this was a mistake. Somehow, they gave me 3 free months of adobe (which I didn't know about, I thought the subscription was cancelled as the billing stopped for three months). However, I did not want free trial of the program! I will never use it! I am a psychology student not a graphic designer. When I noticed this again (after two months of paying for this insane program AGAIN), I again reached out to the customer service, explaining the whole situation. THIS WAS COMPLETELY USELESS. I believe that the customer service guy from middle of the India did not even understand my request as I have doubts whether he even spoke English. He AGAIN offered me a free trial or upgrade to the bigger package of Adobe with a discount.

Yes, you are reading this correctly. After explaining to the customer service that I was robbed by Adobe and I really, really don't want to pay more and I don't want to have anything to do with Adobe, HE OFFERED ME TO UPGRADE MY ADOBE PLAN TO A MORE EXPENSIVE ONE WITH A DISCOUNT. 

I was so desperate, I even cancelled my credit card completely (but somehow I am still being billed even on a new credit card).  I am a student in Eastern Europe and being charged each month this large sum of money for something I don't use is hurting my financials. 

Now, my only request is, to PLEASE CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION. Remove my data, and credit card information from your systems. At this point, all my money is lost and I don't even plan to beg you for the refund. Just stop billing me for a service that I don't want or use. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but this is a public forum... other users here can't cancel anything

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html for chat or https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
-click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session
-the chat icon looks like '3 dots inside a circle' at the lower right
-type AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
Also: beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

ChatButton.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot escape legal debt by cancelling a credit card. You can be sued for the money. Since you accepted free months instead of cancelling you started a new one year subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest talking to support again, and this time ask for a supervisor. They have more leeway and they may be willing to cancel the subscription without charging the fee. They may even give you a partial refund if you explain to them that you were unable to understand the CSR due to their accent. None of this is guaranteed, but worst case scenario you'll have the subscription canceled with the termination fee and you'll be free of it.

Just so you know, you weren't robbed. Adobe's Subscription and Cancellation terms state that the 7-day trial is automatically rolled over to the subscription type you selected on the Payment form and that subscriptions are automatically renewed every year unless you cancel them. That's why they ask for payment information, and this is what you agreed to when you signed up for the trial. 

It is up to you to cancel the trial, preferably before the 7 days are up but definitely before 14 days are up. If you cancel after 14 days but before the end of the subscription ends, you are charged a cancellation fee of 1/2 of the remaining subscription for the year (unless you chose the monthly plan and not the annual plan paid monthly).

The 3-month free offer is a customer retention incentive. I'm sorry the support person didn't make that clear to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Deleted User 

This is a public user-to-user forum, not Adobe customer support.  I'm sorry but your story doesn't hold up.  You're smart enough to attend university which means you're smart enough to read the subscription TERMS you agreed to when you gave Adobe your credit card number.  Think about it.  Why would they ask for a credit card number if they didn't plan to bill it?  

Day 1 - day 7 are free trial days.  On the 8th day your trial automatically converts to a paid annual plan unless you cancel within 14 days of your start date.  After the 14 day grace period, you incur a 50% penalty fee for early cancellation.  That's what you agreed to.  So don't pretend this is all Adobe's fault.

The offer of 3 free months is a customer retention incentive to keep you from cancelling early.  That's their job.  To keep customers from cancelling early. And nobody made you accept that offer.  Next time, just cancel your subscription and pay the 50% early termination fee.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines