• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe on a slippery slope

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Adobe products for a long time, too long, it seems. Things got really bad when they moved into the cloud. I don't know of any other product range that is equally disruptive, constantly nagging, asking for passwords, sending codes. 

Am I the only one who thinks that life in the 1990s was better? Less Big Brother, more tangible assets, and software that would just work. In 20 years, Adobe's DTP software has added nothing substantial to its list of features. I'd probably do a faster and better job with PageMaker from 2000 than with InDesign.

I am looking for alternatives. Please let me know how you escaped from Adobe.

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

programs by Affinity seem to be worthy replacements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I don't know of any other product range that is equally disruptive, constantly nagging, asking for passwords, sending codes."

Sorry you have so many problems.

I've used Adobe products for 20+ years and I don't have the problems you describe.  Maybe because I took the time to adjust my OS and Adobe product settings to perform as I like them to.

QuarkXpress is still around.  Pricing starts at USD $295/year.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ovesvensson, I am sorry you have encountered so many problems using a Creative Cloud membership.  There is no membership assigned to the e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum.

What type of Creative Cloud membership are you using, Ovesvensson?  Do you own and maintain the computer and network that you are installing the software on, or is it owned and managed by the organization that you work for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines