• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Student Discount

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed up for Adobe, to try it out, inspire my creativity, and just do something new. I'm a student, and used the student discount to just look around on it for a couple of months. But as a student your life changes and you don't have enough time to use the softwares to the level that paying $20 for it a month is worth it or doable as a student

adobe purposefully uses deceptive marketing tactics to bring users in. I somehow signed up for an annual contract??? When I decided to cancel it I was charged an extra $40. They knew I was a student, probably a person with not a lot of money, but decided to set up their payment plans in a way that I would have to pay the most. They used the student discount to draw me in like they cared about me as a student just to take more of my money in the end. 

I really hope this company goes out of business, and gets replaced with a company that doesn't use such shady tactics and treats their customers with transparency and respect.

I will never sign up for this horrible service again. Unless you are willing to admit your mistakes and change your products to be more transparent and doable for all walks of life. And not use the service as a way to push more and more money out of people every chance you can get.

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

A student subscription is, and always has been, a one year agreement

When you 'click to agree' to the subscription terms while buying a subscription, that means that you really do need to read BEFORE you buy a subscription... https://www.adobe.com/misc/subscription_terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

BTW, this is not a direct pipeline to Adobe. This is a user-to-user forum.  

To put this in perspective, $20/month is less than what I pay for beverages.  You have a rare opportunity to use industry grade, professional design & video software at a huge discount (60% off the first year, 40% off thereafter).  But all you can do is complain about Adobe.  OMG really?!  That shows a total lack of awareness on your part.  You obviously don't deserve the student discount because you're not smart enou

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor , Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

I agree with them.
Annual subscription is a business model used not only by Adobe but also by other companies, and is not a scam.
I think this is a good social study for OP.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A student subscription is, and always has been, a one year agreement

When you 'click to agree' to the subscription terms while buying a subscription, that means that you really do need to read BEFORE you buy a subscription... https://www.adobe.com/misc/subscription_terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, this is not a direct pipeline to Adobe. This is a user-to-user forum.  

To put this in perspective, $20/month is less than what I pay for beverages.  You have a rare opportunity to use industry grade, professional design & video software at a huge discount (60% off the first year, 40% off thereafter).  But all you can do is complain about Adobe.  OMG really?!  That shows a total lack of awareness on your part.  You obviously don't deserve the student discount because you're not smart enough to appreciate what a great opportunity this is.  Please do us all a favor, go away and come back in a few years when you're smarter and have lost that enormous chip on your shoulders.

Goodbye & good luck to your instructors.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with them.
Annual subscription is a business model used not only by Adobe but also by other companies, and is not a scam.
I think this is a good social study for OP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines