• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adode Digital Editions and Kobo Aura

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using my Kobo Aura with Digital Editions I keep getting the message that I have used the maximum number of machines(6) and that I must contact Adobe to reset my account.

I have tried to contact Adobe but they appear to make it as difficult as possible to do this and in the meantime I have a useless Kobo and EPUB library books which I cannot read.

Just to be clear, I only have one Kobo and do not read on other machines. including my laptop.

Why would I chose to purchase any Adobe software when they make it so difficult to contact them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the issue is that you have tried to activate Digital Editions on too many devices at the same time. Generally speaking, Adobe's license allows you to install a product on multiple devices, but it can only be activated on 2 at any time and you can only be using it on 1 device at a time. I don't recall if that limitation includes mobile devices.

Let me move this to the Account, Payment, & Plan forum for you, which I suspect is the more appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

You can also try contacting Customer Support for assistance. This is a public forum, not Adobe support. Users, including the ACPs and MVPs, can't provide support for account, subscription, billing, download, or product activation issues. Support for those issues requires an Adobe employee.

Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

You must be signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work. Disable any ad, pop-up, or script blockers.

This is the link to the US website. If you are not in the US, the site should redirect to the page appropriate to the region associated with your ID.

Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session. Typing AGENT into the chat window should connect you directly to a CSR rather than the AI.

If the CSR refers you to the forums, insist on speaking with a supervisor and keep moving up the chain until you get someone who knows what they are talking about.

You can also search this page for a regionally appropriate phone number for customer support.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.

Be aware that because of the pandemic, wait times are far longer than usual due to reduced staff and higher demand. Please be patient with the people to whom you speak. Like you, they are feeling a great deal of stress. A little patience and understanding will go a long way to helping you in your particular situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot be bothered with all this.

I just want a simple conversation with a real person who can reset my account.

I have set up a totally new account with bogus information..................but it works.

So much for Adobe.

My company and I would never buy anything from Adobe, even allowing for the presenr Covid-19 situation.

Bye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And I gave you a link where you could find a phone number in order to talk to a real person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines