• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic Subscription Catch-22 when EDU emails close

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My father bought me a Creative Cloud student license when I was in 9th grade and we had to register it under my 9th grade school account.  Apparently this subscription was on annual renewal, but I only check my school email for school so didn't realize it was being renewed and charged every year.  I also didn't realize I had to verify the edu every year.

After I left school the email was closed, so for a couple years Adobe sent email to a closed edu email account, and continued charging, and raising the rates when it wasn't verified, even when Adobe was sending to a non-responsive, or even bouncing email address.

My father tried to cancel the subscription when he didn't even know the Adobe ID that was being charged, and the agents could not tell him becuase the credit cards were expired, but still being charged.  Adobe told us to dispute the charge, but Adobe charged it again because "the subscription was still active".  Then when we did cancel due to not being able to find the Adobe ID when we finally did find the old Adobe ID after a 3 hour chat, we were told that it was more that 14 days after the renewal so the subscription was forfeited with no chance of restore, and even though the email address was unreachable.  Only now have I been able to get back into the dormant account because I miraculously remembered the password and have been able to change the primary email from the dead one. Sure enough we've been being charged every year with no way of knowing.

How do I get the subscription restored?  After many hours of phone calls and many more hours on chat the agents refuse to do so.

Adobe could have contacted me via other means such as a phone call or text since my phone number is on the account, but they never did, they continue to charge to inactive emails on expired credit cards.  I wonder what happens to people who die, I guess they just continue to be charged.

The email that was orignally used has been closed and bouncing for more than two years, yet Adobe continues to charge for annual subscriptions.  This is a nasty and brutal company policy.

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Again,

The last chat agent was able to reverse the charges and was quite helpful.  I still find it irresponsible that Adobe would continue to charge Adobe ID subscriptions when all messages are bouncing and unresponsive.  There must be a policy put in place that addresses this lack of customer relations.  The least they could do is call the phone number on the account and see if the persons is still alive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as I know Adobe does not send out emails about subscription renewal. And if they do or did it is from a No Reply email address, Server, that does not accept incoming emails. So even if they sent out a notice and it bounced they wouldn't get any notice of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although it would be great to figure this out with Adobe the people you should be talking to is the bank or CC Company that has issued that CC and have them STOP accepting charges from that Old expired card and Change the card number with specific instruction to NOT honor anymore charges made to that old CC number.

The terms of the subscription agreement is fully laid out, Auto Renewal every year and that you have to manually Cancel the subscription and you have to give Proof of you being in school to get the discounted rate.

But no one ever reads all of the terms and we see posts like your, in one form or another, Everyday.

Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines