Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Be ware of Adobe upgrade plan enticement

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here comes the story:

I had a monthly plan that I wanted to cancel. But there was no cancel button! Then I contact the support who promised to help and said, instead I can offer you a three months trial that you can cancel in between no fee. I said ok. 

When I anyway decided to cancel (after an hour) I saw I had 48 EUR early cancellation fee!! 

Contacting support I got: "Oh, but you agreed to YEARLY plan, you should have read the terms and agreements."

So be ware with Adobe, it looks like this company no longer has great products and has no other choice but to get money by trickery and deceipt.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the confirmation that plan is cancelled. Still not satisfied that I had to go trough this nightmare just to cancel a subscription. Why hide the cancel button and lead into such trap?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

It sounds like there might have been some misunderstanding. Did you have an annual plan you were attempting to cancel? The Adobe rep may have offered you 3 additional months free to stay. If you nevertheless canceled anyway, you could have been subject to an early termination fee on a yearly plan, per the terms of service:

https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

If there is some other explanation, then try recontacting Adobe Customer Care to understand how & why the fee happened. They should of course have a proper explanation, as well as a history of your chat/call conversations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PS – The option to cancel a plan online via your Adobe account is available on most, but not all, countries...

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

In some smaller regions, the processing goes through another company called Digital River (with a different system) – and in that case, you need to contact Customer Service directly in order to cancel through an agent.

In any event, all Creative Cloud subcription plans are cancelable for a full refund within 14 days of their initial purchase, i.e., the first-time sign-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines