Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Branched from: What is Adobe doing to help subscribers?]

Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using adobe for 20 years and suddenly during covid I get notifications that I now have to pay $50 a month to continue to use the programs that were part of the preinstalled package I bought in 2017?! Don't pretend you support creatives and then make a cash grab like this during a global pandemic! Tisk tisk, absolutely shameful.

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you contact the vendor who sold you the software.

Creative Suite has not been legally sold since January 2017. It's discontinued & unsupported. Also Creative Suite is 32-bit which means it cannot run on macOS Catalina or Big Sur which only support 64-bit software.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

preinstalled package I bought in 2017

Adobe doesn't sell it that way.

You may have a counterfeit or pirated copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another possibility is that you tried out any more recent Adobe apps, including Acrobat Pro, and you have CS6. In such a case, the licensing moves to Creative Cloud and does not go back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using adobe for 20 years too and suddenly during covid I get notifications that I now have to pay $50 a month to continue to use the programs that were part of the preinstalled package I bought in 2017?! Don't pretend you support creatives and then make a cash grab like this during a global pandemic! Tisk tisk, absolutely shameful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about having had one of the Creative Suites packages installed? Those were a one-time payment; however, CS1-3 can't be activated anymore as the activation servers have been decommissioned, and CS4-6 are basically on life support, as they can be activated but there's no telling how long their servers will remain available. 

If you upgrade from Creative Suites to Creative Cloud, you will be charged a monthly fee because all the applications in Creative Cloud (except Acrobat Reader) are subscription only. If you use more than 3 separate applications, getting the entire Creative Cloud is cheaper.

For a while, Adobe was waiving fees for 2-3 months if subscribers contacted them to say that COVID had affected them financially. I do not know if this is still the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Adobe for 20 years and suddenly during Covid, I get notifications that I now have to pay $50 a month to continue to use the programs that were part of the preinstalled package I bought in 2017?! Don't pretend you support creatives and then make a cash grab like this during a global pandemic! Tisk tisk, absolutely shameful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines