• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I purchase a creative cloud activation from another provider?

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My new professor gave us a website that gives a creative cloud activation at a discounted rate. It is legit and still requires us to provide our .edu email. Am I able to switch my account with the current $52.99/mo to this new plan without any fees or penalties? The current license is costing me too much and I need to have a cheaper option soon. This website provides an even cheaper rate than the student plan adobe provides.

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a link to that site?

If it sounds too good to be true...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 Only Adobe authorized resellers / partners are allowed to sell Creative Cloud subscriptions.

https://adobedealreg.secure.force.com/PartnerSearch?lang=en

#2 If you cancel early, you will get hit with penalty fees.  Read your terms of service. 

https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

#3 Purchases from 2 different vendors cannot be combined.  They are 2 separate orders.

#4  The Adobe student rate is the lowest price you can get.  For the first year, it's 60% off.  Then it reverts to about 40% off until you cancel. 

=====================

Beware of fake Adobe reps offering to sell you software or take control of your computer.  It's a scam.  Run Away!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are indeed websites that offer student licences at lower cost than the Adobe site, but make sure you read the fine print!

I'm dealing with a Dutch site that offers fantastic prices, but doesn't always renew the subscription so students all of a sudden lose access in their second year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines