Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we please get UNIX ports?

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe and Maya are the only two things stopping me from using FreeBSD full time

If security is an issue, you can try a drm module in the kernel that encrypts data two ways using a dongle or cpu extentions,  not hard to block stuff when you have discreet access to the cpu i think, im just getting started in kernel development

Come on, Mac's arent powerful enough and UNIX has a terminal, plus desktop managers. It's for creativity, and can help in the workplace if implemented correctly, I'd personally love to use UNIX at work but I'm probably alone on that

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The last I heard, in a completely unofficial manner and also quite a few years ago, Adobe has no plans to port any of its products to Unix. There's not enough of a user base to support the investment.

(NB: I believe I heard this when Adobe dropped support for the UNIX and later the Apple versions of FrameMaker. Creative Cloud obviously runs on both Apple and Windows, but FrameMaker still runs only on Windows.)

ETA: Please edit your post to remove some of the tags. Most of them are inappropriate for your post's contents. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines