• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cancellation fee rip off. Adobe DC.

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed up for an account last year to use Adobe DC to edit a couple of documents to help a friend out.I didn't want a yearly package so I signed up for the monthly payments. When signing up it says you can cancel at any time - which is true except what they don't mention is that you still have to pay the cancellation fee which for me appears to be £45 presumably a large percentage of the remaining fee for a year. Of course this is ALL legal because it is all in the fine print. It's just morally wrong plain and simple.

I can no longer afford the payments because Covid has ruined me. I am in an incredibly difficult position financially and I am trying to rescue myself - Adobe has a different plan for me.

I am aware now that this thread will be locked as were previous from other people and Adobe support friends will tell me I am wrong because I should read the fine print. Well done. You are right, I trusted a large software company. Now I have to give Adobe money until their arbritrarily decided hostage release date even though I no longer need the service and will not use it. I am literally just giving someone money for free because they caught me out on a technicality. Good work adobe - you should be proud.

I will remember this interaction fondly and will talk about it often.

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these threads aren't locked or removed unless and until people start using foul language, making threats or otherwise serving no purpose beyond the initial complaint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>release date

Your subscription will automatically renew unless YOU cancel during the final month... so make note of your date and cancel

To Cancel https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-creative-cloud-subscription.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are an individual subscriber and you are having financial issues because of the pandemic, Adobe may waive subscription fees for a couple of months or waive cancellation fees. This is not an official policy and seems to be handled on an individual basis. There is no guarantee that your fees will be waived. You will have to talk to customer care directly and work something out with them. That being said, I've seen posts here reporting that the CSRs are generally sympathetic and willing to help you out, especially if you are polite.

Be aware that because of the pandemic, wait times are far longer than usual due to reduced staff and higher demand. Please be patient with the people to whom you speak. Like you, they are feeling a great deal of stress. A little patience and understanding will go a long way to helping you in your particular situation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They are far too arrogant and unaccommodating. They have the best game in town and they are bleeding people dry to use it. I have been on PS since PS 3.... that's over 25 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines