• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cancellation of the cancellation fee

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I wanted to cancel my subscription only to discover there is a 329,95 € (360 USD) “cancellation fee”. I’m shocked and disgusted. I didn’t know Adobe would resort to such practices.

I went through some community threads and I found I’m not the only person who feels cheated.

Yes, I should have read the "terms and conditions” in fine-print.

I did not, as I do not read it when dealing with services of Microsoft, Google, Apple, and so on.

Who does???

There are many people complaining about this.

I’m a teacher and a cofounder in a non-profit civic association start-up, and I wanted to cancel this subscription and get the plan with a 60% discount.

After this unpleasant experience, I’m in no mood to work with an Adobe product.

Can you please tell me how to cancel my subscription without the cancellation fee?

Thank you,

Patrick

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum, not Adobe support. Users, including the ACPs and MVPs, can't provide support for account, subscription, billing, download, or product activation issues. Support for those issues requires an Adobe employee. They may be able to help you convert your plan from a regular subscription to the student/teacher plan (assuming you can verify you are a teacher). 

The 60% discount is only good for the first year (as is described in the terms and subscriptions link). After the first year, the discount is 40%.

Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

You must be signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work.

This is the link to the US website. If you are not in the US, the site should redirect to the page appropriate to the region associated with your ID.

Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session. Typing AGENT into the chat window should connect you directly to a CSR rather than the AI.

You can also try searching for Adobe customer service for a region-appropriate phone number. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey linsims,

thank you for your reply.

Funny thing, it was Sheena_Kaul, an Adobe employee who directed me to this forum.

To my question she replied:

"Hi there, 

I'd suggest you post in the Get Started community: https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/bd-p/get-started?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=unreso..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see I should have left the last line in:

"If the CSR refers you to the forums, insist on speaking with a supervisor and keep moving up the chain until you get someone who knows what they are talking about."

As I said, only an Adobe employee can help you with this issue. We're (mostly) just users like you are.

(Edited to Add): And tell the supervisor that this CSR (and give them the name!) needs some retraining. The department heads have been told multiple times to tell their reports to stop referring people to the forums for help with accounts and billing because there is nothing, nothing we can do. And we are, believe me, just as frustrated as you are with the runaround!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I'll keep that in mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please tell me how do I contact the supervisor? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines