• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cancellations and auto renewal

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I cancelled my contract within 14 days of the renewal (today - renewal date was 19th April) but it said I would be charged 50% of my yearly fee as cancellation when I pressed cancel! I'm within 14 days and I can see from MANY forums this is something that Adobe has done a lot to people unsubscribing but everyone who has been within 14 days of renewal gets a refund, can you just not charge me and save me the hassle of all this??? Its really terrible customer service that I even have to email or post about this really it should be a given that if you cancel within 14 days of renewal you won't be charged - 50% of the yearly fee is just ridiculous!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

You need to contact support directly if you want them to address this issue.  Posting in the forums is no guarantee of them seeing/dealing with it.

For the link below click the Still Need Help? option in the blue area at the bottom and choose the chat or phone option...

Make sure you are logged in to the Adobe site, have cookies enabled, clear your cookie cache.  If it continues to fail try using a different browser.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=CCSN_membership-account-payment_cancel-your-membership_stillNeedHelp

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to contact support directly if you want them to address this issue.  Posting in the forums is no guarantee of them seeing/dealing with it.

For the link below click the Still Need Help? option in the blue area at the bottom and choose the chat or phone option...

Make sure you are logged in to the Adobe site, have cookies enabled, clear your cookie cache.  If it continues to fail try using a different browser.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=CCSN_membership-account-payment_cancel-your-membership_sti...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have contacted, am awaiting a reply, spoke to someone on chat who said they could have waived it before i cancelled but not after?! they are transferring me to another department who may be able to help apparently...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after 2 hours and 5 people Im having no luck. After the 3rd person I was told it was all sorted and that she would get my refund issued however we got cut off when i went to put in my card details and now I'm being given the run around again by the two customer service people I've spoken to, I've been told its going to be two days before it can be resolved even though it already had been. absolute joke. terrible customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taking away users' ability simply cancel auto-renewal is unethical. Shame on Adobe for its greed, and for not taking care of users. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldnt agree more. Adobe's practices around their subscriptions may be legal, but are most certainly unethical, and definitely fall into the bucket labelled "SCAM". Paying extortion to stop using their products can hardly be described as anything else. When I attempted to cancel my subscription last year I discovered that I either had to keep paying every month until my "subscription date", or pay a "cancellation charge" that amounted to effectively the same amount - and all of this for a product I never use. But worst of all Adobe gives no option to simply cancel the auto renewal so that at least I wouldn't need to worry about that. I have been caught up with work and world craziness over the last month and just realised my subscription auto renewed and it will cost me £109 to cancel. Customer service? Hardly. This is a horrible business practice. I've looked through comments here from Adobe and found links to complaints processes. When I follow the links they just bring me back here. It seems ridiculous to have to call customer service to simply cancel an auto renewal.  My impression from reading through a number of comments is Adobe customer service is a waste of time anyway. Is there an Ombudsman for company practices like this ? Perhaps a Google review would be a better way to go...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Case is currently escalated to senior team and support will reach out to you shortly with an update.

^Ani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still no reply, no update, awful customer service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, you said the case has been escalated but still no one has got back to me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue, I have been paying the annual plan monthly, the direct debit is from my hubby's account, I just remembered it is Nov, but today when I try to cancel plan, I found the cancelling fee is AUD 149.00 for the balance of the year. They have renew the plan without noticing me! This is ridiculous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines