Highlighted

Cannot cancel cloudLibrary account

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my municipal libraries has switched from OverDrive to cloudLibrary for digital loans. In the registration process, my AdobeID was apparently re-associated to cloudLibrary.  Unfortunately, this has disabled my ability to use another library, one which does not use cloudLibrary but does (or did) use my Adobe ID as it existed prior to cloudLibrary.

I have uninstalled cloudLibrary but that didn't help.  I have tried to cancel the "Creative Cloud Free Membership" that I discovered upon logging into my Adobe account but there is no ability to do so.  It would appear that I could cancel it if I had paid for it but, as a "Free" plan, I do not have a cancellation option.

I cannot find a phone number or email address to contact (because, as a "Free" plan, it is not supported) and the virtual assistant says it is closed.  Meanwhile, I cannot borrow ebooks from my other (much bigger and better) library because my old Adobe account no longer works in that context.

Any ideas out there?

Topics

Account management, Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot cancel cloudLibrary account

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my municipal libraries has switched from OverDrive to cloudLibrary for digital loans. In the registration process, my AdobeID was apparently re-associated to cloudLibrary.  Unfortunately, this has disabled my ability to use another library, one which does not use cloudLibrary but does (or did) use my Adobe ID as it existed prior to cloudLibrary.

I have uninstalled cloudLibrary but that didn't help.  I have tried to cancel the "Creative Cloud Free Membership" that I discovered upon logging into my Adobe account but there is no ability to do so.  It would appear that I could cancel it if I had paid for it but, as a "Free" plan, I do not have a cancellation option.

I cannot find a phone number or email address to contact (because, as a "Free" plan, it is not supported) and the virtual assistant says it is closed.  Meanwhile, I cannot borrow ebooks from my other (much bigger and better) library because my old Adobe account no longer works in that context.

Any ideas out there?

Topics

Account management, Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?