• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change my Adobe plan

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We come across a lot of our Adobe users who find it hard to change their Adobe Plan/Subscription. 

Not being able to change your plan can happen because of various reasons. To make this process easier and more informative, we have embedded a simple video in our Change plan help article. 

Here is the link for our Article: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/change-plan.html

The video is helpful if you purchased directly from Adobe. If you purchased it elsewhere, contact that provider. 

If you still cannot change your Adobe plan, feel free to post on our community for help.

Thanks & Regards 

Kanika Sehgal 

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now I only need Illustrator but later I will need more apps.

Can I choose the 1 app plan and later upgrade to all apps plan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

( Moving this query to Adobe Creative Cloud​ community)

Hi there,

Yes, you can change a single app to a full Creative Cloud subscription (All apps). To know how to change or upgrade your plan and other details regarding it refer to this help document: Learn how to change your Adobe Creative Cloud plan.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't I upgrade my account through the website? I get a message that I need to call Customer Service.  When I call that number it says they'll call me back within two hours, which is fine, but then the system hangs up on me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>If you still cannot change your Adobe plan, feel free to post on our community

No, No, NO !!!

Other users in a public forum do NOT have access to account information... that is reserved for staff and the official support employees

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html for chat or https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
-click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session
-the chat icon looks like '3 dots inside a circle' at the lower right
-type AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed up for a 1 year contract in november 2012. Now I'm going back to studies, so I want to get the student subscription instead. Is it possible to change now, or do I have to wait until my current 1 year contract runs out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Olefaero,

You can change the subscription from Creative cloud to student edition of creative cloud, you need to place the order for it first( student edition of creative cloud), with the new order number, please

contact us via http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html, the old  individual creative cloud subscription will be cancelled withou any penalty.

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As discussed in this other posting , I contacted Adobe and switched to a student subscription on Aug-22-2013. However, my old subscription expires on AUg-29, and now I am getting email messages and prompt dialog boxes when I launch a CC product, saying that my subscription is about to expire. In my adobe login, it shows both subscriptions.

I just want to know if the old subscription will expire quietly and the new one will take over, or if everything is going to fail sometime after Aug-29. I tried to ask this via Adobe Live Chat, but there have been "3 customer(s) in line ahead" of me for about 30 minutes.

Thanks!

-mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same thing happened to me, but the new subscription took over flawlessly. Now only the student version shows up and the old subscription has been removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MJLeePrimaryApps

I would suggest signing out/back in to one of your apps or installing/activating a new app so that the new membership gets associated with your Adobe ID.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is there is no way on the Creative Cloud Updater to specify or even know which subscription is in charge, so to speak.

I guess I will rely on OleF's experience and hope for the best. Thanks for your replies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anyone wants to know, the migration to the student account ran as OleF said, i.e., it worked fine. I had about of week of overlap between the 2 subscriptions, so Creative Cloud kept warning me to "Please check your billing information" and that I had xx days remaining. The message was a little confusing since it said, "We've discovered an issue with your last payment for Creative Cloud. Please go online to manage your account and verify your billing information. Creative Cloud will stop working if the issue is not addressed within the time period remaining".

When I went into my account, both subscriptions were displayed, and there was nothing wrong with my billing info. Once the old subscription expired, the new one automatically kicked in. I didn't have to reinstall any applications, except I might have had to reinstall the CC subscription thing that shows up in the top toolbar on the mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the probably dumb question, but when the old subscription is cancelled (without penalty), what's exactly happening? 
I renewed my subscription in April and I prepaid for a year.
Will I get a refund or how will it work?

Thx in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mathias,

The prepaid subscription of CC will get cancelled without any penalty in case you are repurchasing.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rajashree,

So if I enroll in the student plan, i will not be charged with any cancelation fee for my old plan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just call them - that's what I did. I told them I am now student, guy on the phone said okay I will change the plan. And also you'll get money back for this month's fee and that's it. Just as easy as that.

Just call them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be excellent advice if Adobe's Contact Support ever answered the damn phone. I've tried relentlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rajashree Bhattacharya

Dear Rajashree,

thx for the response, but this does not really answer my questions.
I'm not a native english speaker so the term "cancelled without any penalty" is not 100% clear for me.

I got that, the subscription is canceled, without me paying any cancellation penalties.
But what I can't get out of this answer is ...

Szenario:
Assumed I pay 120,- $ for one year and after 3 month, my subscription is cancelled without penalty.
So for me, I only used 30,- $ of my prepaid credit.

Questions:
What is happening with the rest of 90,- $. Will they be reimbursed?
Or is the price for the next license lowered by this amount?
Or will it just be lost?

Thx in advance.

Kind regards
Mathias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mathias,

There is always a cancellation fee associated if you cancel it after 14 day of purchase.

In case of prepaid CC also, it is the same, due to any reason if you cancel the CC earlier in prepaid without any cancellation fee then the rest of the amount is not refunded.

Adobe CC auto-renewal,cancellation fee and membership increase?! https://www.adobe.com/misc/subscription_terms.html

Adobe - Subscription Terms

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently purchased the CC Photography Plan but since I am a student I now want to change to a student plan, however when I go to purchase to change to a student it won't allow me to unless I cancel the photography plan, which is saying I have to pay the cancellation fee. How do I go around changing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're an eligible student, contact Customer Care via Online Chat and ask them to convert your current plan to a student plan.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me, I am a student in college. I had bought the individuals adobe with Annual Plans a few months ago. However,my friend told me i should buy student service.I didn't know there was the student version that I could choose. So, can I change my plan to student??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy

I too have been subscripted for 8 months but have now become a student who wishes to convert. However, after multiple attempts to achieve this through your customer chat, the operators do not appear to know what this is about and thrice have directed me to adobe.com/plans

What can I do?

Thanks

Humphrey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines