• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

changing account without re-install the suite

New Here ,
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

recently I changed my subscription and the new one is linked to a new account of mine. Now, do I have to re-install all the programs of the suite on my Mac? Is it possible just associate the installed programs to the new account? And what happens to the existing projects?

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Hi Simbolabile,

Welcome to the Adobe Forums!

You can certainly associate the new Adobe account to the installed programs without re-installing the products.

1. Launch Creative Cloud desktop app.

2. Click on the gear icon on the top right hand side in the Creative Cloud desktop window and go to 'Preferences'

3. Select the tab 'Account', Sign out of creative cloud and then sign back in using the different Adobe Id.

Thanks

Kapil Rupani

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simbolabile,

Welcome to the Adobe Forums!

You can certainly associate the new Adobe account to the installed programs without re-installing the products.

1. Launch Creative Cloud desktop app.

2. Click on the gear icon on the top right hand side in the Creative Cloud desktop window and go to 'Preferences'

3. Select the tab 'Account', Sign out of creative cloud and then sign back in using the different Adobe Id.

Thanks

Kapil Rupani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2014 Aug 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KRupani, did all that by now - still shaking!!!! grrrrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2014 Dec 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have preferences as one of my options, i just have help and exit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too .-.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. The adobe cloud sucks and it seems theres no official reply in this forum. You cannot imagine this to happen in China. If a software company dare to do this then it will be competed down by other companies in one night. Now I see why Steve Jobs didn't allow adobe flash player to be installed in Apple product, Apple doesn't like trash.

I am a student so the one-year service is free for now. I won't buy the service when I go to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to sign in with your existing account. Once you're signed in, you'll see the profile icon at the top. Click on that and you'll see the sign out option. Sign out and then sign in with your new account.

Hope that helps:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have subcribed to cloud with an email address and cant get it to work.

So I have bought a CD; the CD wants to verify; it is pre populating an email address I cant change and I am not getting a verification email.  What now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fat-Chilli  wrote

So I have bought a CD; the CD wants to verify; it is pre populating an email address I cant change and I am not getting a verification email.  What now?

The cloud is not sold on CD. You got scammed.

Please report here: Notifying Adobe of Security Issues

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying and sorry I did not explain properly.

Because I can’t get cloud to work....

I went and bought 2017 DC Acrobat CD which I need urgently - it is genuine from a high street retailer.

The verification email mail is being sent to the wrong email address (Adobe is pre populating the address everything after @ is correct tho) .

therefore,  I have solved this temporarily by dialing in to undelivered email on my mail server and firearding It to my phone. So I clicked on the link and it says successfully verified.

Now i I just need to tell Adobe about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand. So your problem is solved.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone else gets this problem:-

- you buy Acrobat 2017 on a cd

- you install and it registers the licence

- it then wants to send an email to you to verify (but it prepopulates your email incorrectly and you can not change it). In my situation it was sending it to Andrea+old@.... rest of email after that was correct.

- I solved the verification problem by logging into my mail server and forwarding the email to my correct address. But some people won’t be able to do that.

- two problems then persisted - firstly I could not register the serial number in my adobe account so it was not visible there; secondly the email address logged against the software at Adobe does not exist. So if you want to move the software to another machine you would have a problem.

- therefore I called the Adobe technical support (they do not support cd versions so I had to go through to the cloud support).

- i was told the reason the problem arose was because I had two accounts; someone at Adobe ‘released’ one for me as it was an old email address. But the person did not delete/change the old email address. So the cd was pulling in the old email address and adding +old to the name to denote it was related to the released account. So the person I spoke to had to modify lols account. Then they made the software appear in my account.

- So this is solvable but you need to ring Adobe.

Thank you for replying Abambo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, im using after effects and i signed up with a email that doesn't exist and i have to verify. it won't let me change it and i need to change it to and email i can access. i was working on a project i was very proud of and im very frustrated and confused. Please help if you can. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you lose any data either locally or in the cloud doing this method?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an account issue, call adobe customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want an invoice so I can pay, is that so difficult-or don't you want payment?

David Biddle

[E-mail deleted by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  This is the correct answer.  Unfortunately it took the adobe support person 2 hours to figure this out.  ugh!

Thank you again,

Denise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't have a requirement for users to log in to the CC apps; they just launch them using our license.  We logged the individual off the CC desktop and we tried logging in to an app using the university Adobe user name and password, but the app would not launch.  We also use the Adobe sign and users are required to log into that.  Is there a token of some sort that then requires the user to log into adobe apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read absolutely NO answers...only comments like "try this, it may work", or statements like "we don't require...". What is the answer to the question of HOW to verify a correct 2nd email address???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous!

I CAN'T PAY FOR A PLAN AND I CAN'T CONTACT YOU!!!

What to do??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer is no longer valid.  There is no sign out button, nor preferences button.  Instead, there is a browser link to your account.  Follow it (online) and it will show your current sessions, with buttons to end them...

End all sessions.  

Then sign out of that account.

Then sign into correct account.

Then, relaunch Adobe creative cloud...  mine still shows old login, but when you follow account link this time, it goes to correct (new) account.

Relaunch application (e.g. Illustrator).  This time it doesnt prompt you with a must purchase screen.  It says you are no longer logged in and it must relaunch.

When it relaunches again *good grief* you can now sign in with proper credentials...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to echo the other answers that say this is no longer correct.  If you click 'sign out' in creative cloud it immediately asks you to sign back in and it uses the SAME credentials instead of letting you put in a different account.

I worked around this as follows (windows only solution):

• Open windows credentials manager (just search for credentials manager)
  • In the 'windows credentials' category there are a ton of Adobe entries, delete them all
  • In the task manager, kill anything that looks like it belongs to adobe creative cloud (there are also a ton of them)
    • If it has the creative cloud icon or is named 'adobe' kill it
  • Restart creative cloud and you will FINALLY be asked to enter a new email and log in

Not all of those steps may be required but that's what worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines