• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer sleeps > CC logs out > All Adobe Apps close automatically > To save or not to save?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past couple of weeks I've had the same issue occur about 3 times and it is driving me nuts.

Scenario:

I'll walk away from my macbook and let it go to sleep. When I return and wake it up I'll have an onslaught of 'Don't Save/Save' messages pop up from each of the Adobe apps I have open- usually Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. The CC app accesspoint in my main toolbar is greyed out indicating that it has logged out and that is confirmed when I click on it and have to log back in. However, I'm still left with a full barrage of prompts that each of my Adobe apps are closing themselves down and I'm being given the option to either save or don't save... and that's it.

This is a big problem as, like many and most designers/illustrators/photographers I know out there, I tend to leave files open in varying states of unsaved to recently saved and everything in between. This is a common part of workflow. But now I'm being forced to go through and HOPE that whatever I'm being left with upon returning to my machine is worthy of being saved at it's current state and it's entirely unacceptable. Even if the prompt included a 'Save As' capability I'd be a lot more okay with this but in its current state this is a huuuuuge blunder. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cc had been and stil is prone to some problems on some computers (including signing users out erroneously), but i've never heard of it closing open applications (though that may happen with some subscriptions AND with adobe apps open for more than 30 days).

so, something on your computer is causing your adobe apps to close.  what is that? is there some "cleaner" on your computer?  is your computer trying to restart when asleep?  ie, this sounds like a non-adobe problem and a computer problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No cleaner or restart that I'm aware of - certainly nothing intentional on my behalf. Full individual subscription here and closing my apps somewhat regularly. But I totally understand what you're talking about and that was one of my concerns- that potentially something else outside of CC/Adobe was causing this to occur. But the tie-in between random log-outs and discovering all my Adobe apps and ONLY the Adobe apps are attempting to quit out is truly bizarre and the main reason I came directly to community support.

If the mystery continues to remain unsolved (and though it's a total pain in the ass) I may just back up my machine and give it a full clean sweep, hopefully resolving whatever is interfering...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable energy saving sleep mode.  On a work computer, it's nothing but trouble.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ooooh good call. I'll try that out. So weird that it's only recently started to happen though, assuming it had to do with one of the newer updates.

Thanks for the advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines