• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confirmation of Mobilenum at installation is an INSULT

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have benne a customer since early 90'ties and purchased a lot during the years. I hav a stand-alone license of Lightroom 6 and a LS11 upgrade installer. Was just going to install LR on a laptop before a vacation tomorrow. And I can see Adobe is eager to be able to reach my phone as the 2-step verifications pop-up (as it does on this site) turns up. But I'm really not intested, especially as Adobe, if activated, forces me to accept other kind of commersial messages in text. I do NOT like that at all BUT...

THE INSULT is that the Activate link ONLY works and the Not now doesn't. Find it most insulting as I have no choice if I like to install. I do NOT accept it but have to do it as I have use of LR on my trip. So how can I inactivate it again Adobe? Or am I a 'prisoner' now without any way to back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, here are instructions for disabling two-step verfication if you need them:

Secure your Adobe account 

If you have any issues with product activation, then see these help pages:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activate-deactivate-products.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activation-deactivation-help.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You make it sound as if activation is an option. It isn’t. This is the point at which Adobe check your license is valid by connecting to their servers, and recording the license as yours. This is the point where they make sure the license is real, is not blocked, and that nobody else is using it. Seems fair. The only alternative is to run a short trial; Adobe still need to connect up, to make sure you only get to use the trial once. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines