• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud for Education asks me to sign in but does not accept my university login information

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I've had this adobe account with creative cloud for 2 years now. This account was made under my university email so i could be elegible for the discount. However, recently ive noticed i no longer am able to download the apps that im paying for. all the ones i have downloaded seem to work, however today photoshop has decided to stop working and keeps telling me i have to buy it? Im already paying for the full package why the hell do i need to spend more money??? Ive tried contacting support, but apparently my 'provider' (the university) are the ones who are allowed to talk to them? So i did speak to the IT department and i got no help there since they have no clue about the issue either. whats worse is i cant even cancel the plan.

Can someone please help me, i use these programs for work and uni and without them im utterly screwed. Why is this happening? And how can i fix this?

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Adobe are right. With educational programs obtained through a university, the local administrator controls who can use what, and can stop things. Adobe can't see this and won't talk to you because it isn't your account.

If you set up the account yourself and applied for the student pricing direct from Adobe you may need to explain that to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are right. With educational programs obtained through a university, the local administrator controls who can use what, and can stop things. Adobe can't see this and won't talk to you because it isn't your account.

If you set up the account yourself and applied for the student pricing direct from Adobe you may need to explain that to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the quick response! 
I've already tried to talk to the university about it but they seemed as confused as i was. Ill try again and this time tell them it could be through the admin account (since i dont think they looked at that last time).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have finally worked out my issue and i thought it would be a good idea to post it here in case anyone else has this problem. The reason my account wouldnt work was because i signed up before the university had an admin account, therefore i had to sign in as a personal account. The reason i thought personal wouldnt work is because my password for the uni email constantly updates, and the personal version had the first password i used. Logging into the personal account fixed all my problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines