• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Plans & Pricing

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just doesn't make sense to me? why is Light Room + Photoshop half the price of just Photoshop? I get it that photoshop comes with 1TB cloud storage and the cheaper LR + PS only gets 20 GB. But it is still a little cheaper if you choose 1TB storage for LR + PS. Why isn't there an option for Just PS with no cloud storage or only 20GB storage?  Or why isn't there just an option to get PS for students... Nooo you have to get All Apps which is more expensive than LR & PS and the 70% savings is only for the 1st year then it doubles. 

So basically my son wants to learn digital drawing and PS would be a nice starting point without any of the extras or bells and whistles but with plans and pricing the way they are he'll be starting off on some other software.  

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html is a one time purchase

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? Because it is. Why are You complaining about paying less money for something?

You do NOT have to use or even install LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? because it's illogical and they losing customers and future customers, let us say I could get PS only without any cloud save for  AUD 9.95  I'd grab 2 one for each of my kids and they would learn and eventually become full  CC customers. But at the current model, they will learn on something else and probably stick with that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not work for Adobe, so this is only MY idea

Do grocery stores where you live ever run a special to get you in the store?

Do you refuse to buy because the item costs less than you think it should?

If you don't want to buy... then don't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why is Light Room + Photoshop half the price of just Photoshop?

As users who are volunteers, we can't make changes to the pricing. All we can do is tell you what it is. The $20.99 price is the single app price for an annual plan paid monthly, and if you scroll down you will see other single apps at the same price. There are a few minor apps that are less.

When Creative Cloud first came out, the photographers let out the Cry That Was Heard Around the World, and Adobe started the $9.99 plan if they subscribed by a certain date. Then Adobe extended the deadline. That was a long time ago, and the plan is still available. It's a huge bargain and very popular with those who only use Photoshop and/or Lightroom.

That doesn't mean it's right for your son, and that's your choice. I see from your other posts that you subscribe to Creative Cloud, so one benefit is that you would be able to better assist if he asks questions about software you are already using.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

I hope this helps to answer your question.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jane-e,  In the hope that Adobe monitors the forum and much like there was a cry out from photographers and Adobe answered. So my question / post is also in some respects a cry out for Adobe to answer the call for something more economical for casual - additional users.  I've seen some posts asking for "family plans"  great idea simular to Office 365 

I'm not an expert on Photoshop but can figure things out and get my way around which would make it much easier to help teach my son so the preference would be to stay with Adobe but how deep do I need to dig into my pocket to get him his own PS to play with.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines