• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS4 Suite License missing

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently upgrade my WIN10 system (reimage) due to the WIN10 updates.  Now my CS4 suite (Student Ver) won't work.  Where does Adobe place the License number on my system?  How do I fix the License problem? I have a backup of old system proir to the reimaging.   My account dos'nt show my Student Ver because I purchased through my local College.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to activating it using menu Help>Activate  and your serials activation credentials are hidden on your system your may have been destroyed.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lost information https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Find-serial-number-without-Adpbe-ID/td-p/7769446
- page has links to programs to find an installed serial number in Mac or Windows
- Also https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html
- when you find your serial number(s) write them down and put in a desk drawer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS4, CS5 and CS6 are on life support. But they can still be activated providing you have the following:
1. original media (disks or downloads) you received at purchase,
2. a legitimate serial number for that particular version, language and platform (Win/Mac),
3. an older operating system that can support legacy 32-bit apps.

NOTE 1: Adobe removed downloads to CS updates. Your product may not work properly without the updates.
NOTE 2: Legacy Creative Suite is discontinued & unsupported. Use at your own risk.

MODERN OPTIONS:
Photoshop or Premier Elements 2020 (approx $100, no subscription needed)
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan -- approx $10/month for 12 months. Includes the very latest versions of these great products & services:
-- Photoshop and Photoshop on iPad
-- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
-- Lightroom Classic
-- Portfolio website + hosting
-- Spark with premium features
-- Bridge
-- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps Plan (31 + apps & services)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy the Perpetual Windows Update are least are available for download Windows Updates.   The Mac Update may also be available.  However, Old version of Photoshop will not work on new mac machine with Apples latest operating system.

You are correct old Photoshop version need their updates particularly CS6 which runs very well on Windows 10. At one time CS6 was part of Creative Cloud for the creative cloud desktop application broke my Perpetual CS6 trying to  updated it. CS6 is very unstable without its updates. I had to reinstall CS6 to fix it.  So My CS6 is now Creative cloud extended CS6  version 13.1.2.  No longer my  perpetual CS6 standard version 13.0.1.3.  CS4 was the first version of Photoshop added support for GPU support.  I skipped CS4 for I knew there would be problems and there were many. I do not remember CS5 I do not have it installed I remover it years ago.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not talking about OS updates.  I'm talking about legacy Creative Suite product updates which are almost impossible to find now.  If you can't update from the CS app itself you may find yourself up the creek without a paddle. CS updates were critical for many products to work, not just Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do You mean the Adobe Updates I posted the link to?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see this discussion pertaining to CS4 updaters.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/where-to-find-downloadable-application-updates-for-c...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess I lucky than  I skipped CS4 and never download it or it updates.  I only download versions  and updater that I used. These days you need to contact Adobe If tie need to Down load the PS2020 installers.  I did not bother I have the others who need all the new bug Adobe throws our way.

image.png,

CS4 updates may still be on Adobe FTP

image.png

I do not know If they are good for I do not have CS4 to install and test with I skipped that version but the downlods seem to download.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines